Welcome to SkillLab!
At SkillLab, we believe that every person has a pathway to employment. To realise this vision, we are developing a mobile app to provide skill based career guidance to marginalised communities around the globe.
As UX Researcher, you help us to understand our users so that our product meets the needs of the communities we serve.
You are part of SkillLab’s growing Product Team:
- Ragnar leads the Product Team and manages our product workflow. You will closely work with and directly report to him.
- Norma is our UI Designer
- Gaspar and Jesus are SkillLab’s two software engineers. We are also currently hiring for another software engineering position.
- Upeksha is our Data Scientist
- Azza supports the user research in her role as Customer Success and Reporting Specialist.
What you will do! (Responsibilities)
Your responsibilities include:
- Planning user research priorities with the product owner;
- Choosing appropriate research methods;
- Recruiting participants for studies
- Running user studies;
- Analyzing data;
- Communicating findings to all relevant stakeholders;
- Ensuring impact of your research by working directly with designers, product managers, and data scientists
Is this you?
- You are excited about our social mission to provide skill-based career guidance to marginalised communities around the world
- You are ready for the adventure of being part of a technology start-up with a social mission
- You have empathy to relate to our multicultural user base including job seekers from around the world
- You have 3+ years of experience working in a ux role on a consumer-facing product
- You have a proven project management skills to execute user research projects
- You are a team player, while also being able to work autonomously
- You have strong English communication skills to share your research findings
- You have experience working with wireframes or design software like sketch, Figma or Adobe XD
- You have experience working with product analytics software
- You speak another language like Arabic, Spanish or French
Salary & start-date
- Annual gross salary depending on experience: €39,000-€59,000
- We envision a start-date on Monday January 18th 2021
Perks and benefits
- Relocation support for international hires
- 25 paid holidays, plus public holidays and your birthday off
- Work laptop, noise cancelling headphones and SkillLab swag
- Fully paid partner leave for up to 5 weeks in the first 6 months after child birth
- Personal development budget, plus quarterly learning and development coaching calls
- Transparent and fair market-based compensation that matches your experience
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam with periodic remote work possible
- Priceless: Work on an exciting project using innovative technologies to solve a major societal problem
If this job is not for you, perhaps you have a friend who might be a good fit. Send them this job posting!