This is an exciting opportunity to work with Hawk-Eye's product team in a fast-paced technology-based environment. Reporting into the UX Lead, you will be the first hire into this team, supporting and assisting the business to develop best in class software to grow and deliver company services around the world.
As a UX researcher, you'll need to:
- Gather information about users wants, needs, behaviours, and pain points;
- Plan and execute a wide range of research methods, including usability testing of prototypes or products, either in person or remotely;
- Be involved in working with the development team to see designs come to life;
- Understand quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Set usability benchmarks and monitor these over time;
- Help create design ideas and prototypes to articulate product direction;
- Evangelise users needs at the centre of any product conversation;
- Be confident in presenting the stages of the design development to business users;
- Work closely within a multidisciplinary team, including operations, product and developers;
- Be able to prioritise your workload in a fast-paced ever-evolving workplace.
Minimum Experience and requirements >>
- University degree in a related discipline;
- At least three years of commercial experience working as a User Experience researcher or designer with research experience;
- Has planned and conducted several usability tests, both remotely and in-person;
- Has conducted field research, contextual enquiries and quantitative research;
- Can demonstrate work on complex desktop or web applications (not just mobile);
- The role requires an eagerness to go 'in at the deep end' and gain new knowledge of the continuously evolving software technologies used by all departments;
- An understanding that benefit is derived from actionable insight, not beautiful reporting;
- Must demonstrate the ability to multitask, think analytically and problem solve;
- Must demonstrate a diligent & organised approach to planning usability research, collecting data, and feeding back to the product team;
- Must take responsibility for their own work and standards;
- Work around the availability of our users to organise remote usability testing;
- Must be flexible in order to facilitate days on-site to obtain a contextual understanding of users and their tasks;
- Must possess good communication and organisational skills.
Preferred Experience (In addition to minimum) >>
- Some knowledge of sports or broadcasting would be advantageous, but not essential;
- The ability to get involved in designing solutions as and when appropriate;
- Knowledge of Axure and Adobe creative suite;
- Ability to speak a language, other than English would be advantageous.
What we offer you >>
At Hawk-Eye not only do you get to be part of the cutting edge of sports technology, you will also be valued and rewarded for your contribution through a strong reward platform that includes:
- 23 days annual leave in addition to 8 public holidays;
- Enhanced pension scheme (with 5% matching);
- Flexible working;
- Optional private healthcare;
- Complimentary Unmind App;
- Access to sporting events and tickets;
- Onsite gym in Basingstoke;
- Sony Group company discounts.
You’ll be amazed at what we do >>
Hawk-Eye Innovations develops, markets, and delivers the most sophisticated officiating tools in sport. We are a Sony company and are a fundamental part of officiating and broadcasting in over 25 international sports across our Ball and Player Tracking, SMART (Synchronised Multi-Angle Replay Technology) and SMART Production products. Every year we cover over 30,000 events and games across 500+ stadiums in over 90 countries.
Equal Opportunity Employer >>
Hawk-Eye is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability, or union membership status.