We’re making insurance radically better. How? By building insurance that’s fair and flexible.
Insurance is completely broken. It’s outdated, complicated, rigid – and we get it, insurance (as you know it) doesn’t sound very exciting. But we’re doing things differently. Using pretty cool technology, we’re making insurance that’s fit for the 21st century, building products that actually solve problems.
We were the first company in the UK to sell hourly car insurance via an app. And we’re the only insurance provider that provides in-app customer support with an average one-minute response time. We’ve sold millions of policies and supported over 400,000 customers. We’re a strong, talented team of 100+ and growing.
Why work for Cuvva?
We don’t cut corners. We strive to do the right thing, even when that makes life more difficult for us.
We’ve nurtured an awesome team culture. We always speak up when we have an idea - but also know when to let go and get behind something else.
And we’re comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback, and trying new ways of doing things.
We’re building a diverse team from different backgrounds, outlooks and experiences. Everyone is given a fair chance of getting a role at Cuvva. Even if you secretly don’t love insurance, trust us, you’ll love what we’re building.
And if you need any adjustments or support when you’re applying at Cuvva, no worries. Just let us know.
About the role
This role is a part of newly established UX research team. We closely collaborate with multiple disciplines within Cuvva on all stages of the product development process: from product discovery to usability testing and back. We're customer centric in every decision we make - our goal is to build world-class product for our users and a world-class research team.
In this role you will:
- Lead UX research studies that deepen our understanding of the user experience and help us to build new or iterate on existing product features
- Operate in highly collaborative environment as a strategic partner to our product, marketing, design and engineering teams where you shape product decisions with well understood user insights and needs
- Empower Cuvvaratis from various teams to run their own research studies by building research toolkits and skill transferring activities
- Collaborate with other researchers on building a scaleable research practice and infrastructure at Cuvva
- Advocate for customer-centric approach to design and product development across the company
- Can conduct complex user resereach studies and demonstrate your ability to use variety of qualitative research methods that might include user interviews, surveys, ethnographic research, user psych analysis, usability research, diary studies
- Have deep understanding of the strengths and limitations of different qualitative & quantitative research methods
- You have at least 2 years of experience running user research projects and/or usability studies in a tech company (plus if your work focused on B2C products), or degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Learning Sciences, Statistics, Psychology, Social Science or any related field
- You have solid understanding of behavioural analysis and statistical concepts
- You have a desire to work in a fast-paced environment in an early stage team, where planning, recruiting, insight analysis and delivery is done with little guidance
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrable empathy
- You are laser focused on putting users first and solving for their needs
- You have passion for building world-class digital products, ability to ask and answer product and user experience related questions
- You are comfortable with taking vague ideas and turning them into actionable insights
- Your working style can accommodate constant switching between periods of urgency and focus
- Brand new MacBook
- 33 days holiday (inc public holidays)
- Flexible working
- Wellbeing, personal development and work from home budgets
- Yearly increases to budgets and holiday allowances
- Generous parental leave policy
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus mental health coaches, giving you a safe space to talk
- Access to Lifeworks - our mental health tool and employee assistance programme
- Mates rates on your car insurance
- Salary sacrifice schemes for electric bike hire and electric car lease
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- A volunteer day
- Great coffee machine in the office
- Fully stocked beer and soft drink fridge (we do team drinks every Thursday)
- Monthly team outings or remote events (so far we’ve done things like karaoke, go-karting, bowling and comedy nights)
A new kind of insurance
We started with a problem: nobody was offering short-term car insurance by the hour.
But we soon realised insurance isn't just lacking. It's completely broken. It's built on layers of middlemen and outdated systems. So Cuvva turned from a simple idea into a full-blown mission: to offer insurance the way it should be.
We think insurance should be fast, flexible and clear. So we've cut out the middlemen, ditched the jargon and put our heart and soul into customer support.