Staffmark Workforce Solutions offers this exciting contract opportunity at a global leader in electronics, mobile devices and appliances located in Plano, TX.
A usability specialist, also called a usability analyst or UX researcher, ensures that products including software application meet the usability and user needs requirements. In many cases, a person in this field also works to ensure that products are enjoyable to consumers. They interview and research what user’s needs and analyze user’s data. They contribute to improve usability and satisfaction of Samsung mobile products.
- User Research Before designing UX concept, usability specialist does research what users need, what pain points are, and what users like to have. Usability specialist interview, ask questions, or observe users to get insights on the needs. They also research current product and industry trends to make recommendations.
- Usability Testing While or after engineers develop a prototype or an application of a product, the usability specialist organizes Usability Testing of the product by users, observes the tests and asks participants detailed questions. After testing, usability specialist analyze the result analyzes the results of the testing and prepares a report of their recommendations, giving the report to the engineers, UX designers, and stakeholders responsible for production.
- Benchmarking research Usability specialist compare competitor applications or products and analyze which aspects are better or worse.
- Expert Review Expect usability problems in advance while trying an application or reviewing UX design guideline documents as a usability specialist.
- Various Qualitative Research and Quantitative Research Perform various qualitative research and quantitative research in order to solve UX problems or to find out unmet needs from users.
- Tech savvy, early adapter in learning or using latest and greatest tech products, smart phones / smart watches, IOT products with a keen interest in these technologies.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
- Typically need various user research and analysis skills such as interviews, usability testing, surveys, focus groups, and so on
- Need good communication and writing skills.
- Skills to research new technologies and current trends to anticipate consumer needs.
- Imagination to think of ways of improving mobile applications.
- Create usability testing documentation, facilitate discussions and deep dives to better understand user requirements
- A self-starter, driven, strong relationship builder, passionate about learning and making a difference
- Good analytical approach with experience in using Google Analytics, statistical analysis.
- 2-4 years of experience in high tech industry with sound understanding of technical concepts and an opinion in User experiences on handheld devices.
Staffmark talent working with this client receive competitive compensation and a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off plus more!
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.