At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is seeking a UX Researcher who is passionate about understanding players, evaluating the gaming experience, and will work closely with the rest of the development team to create action on insights. The successful candidate will join a nascent and growing UX team and help execute research activities on Rockstar’s games and core products. This is a full-time role, based out of our unique studio in Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Global UX Team plan, execute, and drive research activities for game projects across the company.
- We ensure every research test yields high quality, actionable data.
- We contribute to the ongoing refinement of the UX Department’s activities, including methodological improvements and processes.
- We advocate for players’ values and needs to foster a culture of empathy.
- Plan and execute research activities for Rockstar’s games and core products.
- Identify product needs and transform them into research goals.
- Apply a mixed-method approach, harnessing a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods (including interviews, surveys, heuristics, telemetry, descriptive, and inferential statistics) and adapt methodologies based on logistical and product context.
- Understand and provide feedback on UX artifacts to incorporate them on research activities.
- Generate actionable insights that support product-refining iteration and strategic direction for the growth of the product.
- Deliver recommendations that acknowledge how the player experience is improved and what the design implications are.
- Effectively communicate research insights (verbally and in writing) to a variety of stakeholders with different backgrounds.
- Support creation of research strategies at a product level.
- Work closely alongside members of Product, Design, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, and QA Teams.
- Masters or PhD in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in UX Research Design in the game industry.
- Experience collaborating with a variety of product development stakeholders.
- Passion for video games.
- Excellent planning, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment with the need to manage constant change, and the ability to work through organizational complexity and ambiguity.
- Ability to think strategically and work cross-functionally across local teams to collaborate and create impact on a global scale.
- Ability to present to senior stakeholders and facilitate broader design discussions within the team.
- An empathetic style: an ability to build trusted relationships and achieve consensus and buy-in at all levels of an organization.
- Detail-oriented and highly efficient.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Advanced statistics desired, but not required.