This role will be located in our design studio in Central Amsterdam.
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate more than €3.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. www.arcadis.com.
Digital technologies have already transformed many industries and organizations globally with their ability to provide a more human-centred experience. Our strategy aims to ensure Arcadis is the digital frontrunner by 2021. Digital will significantly determine the competitiveness of Arcadis in the future. We will therefore increase our management focus and investments in this space. To that effect, a global team has been brought together to further define our digital agenda, and drive implementation to proactively reinvent our business in the coming years.
To strengthen our Global Digital Innovation team, we have a new role available for a UX Researcher to support these efforts.
This role reports into the Global Head of Digital Incubation and Lean Start-Up
Purpose of the role:
You will be responsible for all research to assess customer desirability, concept creation and supporting development of MVP’s for testing the user experience regarding value proposition and the application itself. Ability to adapt, think strategically and good understanding of business and technical requirements based on user needs.
- Translating strategic innovations into compelling scalable digital business propositions taking into account e.g. technology readiness levels, consumer insights and capability of the market to embrace developed propositions;
- Building new digital product/service combinations by developing new value propositions (concepts) and business models cross business lines and beyond Arcadis current solutions;
- Identifying needs of target customers and translating gathered data into useful insights;
- Development of digital, human centric concepts (service design);
- UI/UX design (visual design & interaction design) and translating insights into technical and non-technical requirements to develop digital product service combinations and build MVP’s;
- Designing and conducting interviews, lab experiments, digital and/or field tests to validate concepts, MVP’s and business models (customer desirability, technical feasibility and economic viability);
- Storytelling to communicate new value propositions to help people to think outside of the box;
- Generating IP for Arcadis.
- The candidate should have a bachelor or academic product or service design degree (or relevant equivalent) and at 3-5 years of experience in digital product creation at e.g. digital labs, product development consultancy firm and/or startup-scene. Ability to adapt, to think strategically and have a good understanding of the impact of design decisions on business viability and technical requirements.
- Experience in applying service design techniques and methodologies to unlock hidden customer pains and gains and validating assumptions with an emphasis on human centricity and customer desirability;
- Experience in doing desk research, interviewing internal & external stakeholders to assess current and future trends in customer demand and end user behaviour;
- Experience in setting up pilot test plans to validate assumptions and to measure added customer value delivered before piloting and during the pilot (qualitive and quantitative);
- Experience working in close cooperation on a day to day basis with other service designers, business strategists, creative technologists and developers, and being able to bridge the gap between customer desirability, technical feasibility and economic viability;
- Strong facilitation and leadership skills: bringing multiple stakeholders from broad backgrounds and positions together towards defined outcomes; Experienced in the design and facilitation of workshops that ensure high engagement and practical outputs;
- Experienced user of relevant applications commonly used in lean startup and/or product development (e.g. PPT, Word, Excel Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, InVision, Sketch App and Figma, Confluence, JIRA/Azure Devops, Miro, Dovetail, Mopinion and Matomo);
- Experience in business partnering and advising Senior Management through knowledge and diplomacy;
- Credible counterpart for existing or potential partners with strong design and business acumen;
- Self-starter, energetic, can work independently and remotely and comfortable with ambiguity;
- Ability to work in a global matrix organization and to deal with different cultures worldwide;
- Proactive, pragmatic, entrepreneurial, open-minded, flexible and creative;
- Good fit with Arcadis culture and values;
- Team player;
- Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
Main working contacts
- Executive Leadership Team (ELT)
- Global Solutions Leads
- Regional CEOs and other Regional Senior Leaders
- Regional Digital Leads
- Global and Regional Communications
- Alliance and delivery partners
- Global Digital Incubation team (Service Designers, Creative Technologists, Front-end and Back-end Developers)
- Consultants and Domain Knowledge Experts
- Arcadis existing and/or future clients
- Eco-system partners
What do we offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.