Sendle builds shipping that is good for the world. We help small business thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in Australia and United States, where we harness major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
In the last year alone, we’ve made huge strides towards our goal of becoming the largest SMB eCommerce courier in the world, moving from a single country operation in Australia to successful launch and operation in the US. We also launched significant partnerships with eBay and Shopify recently, too!
But most importantly, we’re a bunch of good people doing good work, solving real problems for real customers. Wanna join us?
What you’ll do
As a key member of our Product Engineering team, you will collaborate with our customers to uncover their processes, pain points, and investigate opportunities to improve the Sendle service. You’ll use these insights to shape, inform and validate product features. You'll be working on projects that define, and solve customer pain points, increasing the product-market fit of Sendle.
- Conduct end-to-end user research using a variety of methodologies to help us understand our users, their needs, and the opportunities to improve our product and service.
- Work with the Product Engineering team, Marketing and Support teams to research and provide the context of customer pain points and product opportunities.
- Regularly speak with customers across a variety of channels including email, video calls, site visits, and in-person meetups.
- Analyse qualitative customer feedback from various channels, such as NPS or other surveys, email, and other customer data.
- Develop a deep understanding of how our customers interact with shipping, e-commerce and logistics, and share these with the wider Sendle team.
- Establish the user research discipline at Sendle, including improving our processes for customer research and participant recruitment.
- Be the subject matter expert for user research for the rest of the team to consult when faced with product design, implementation, and prioritisation decisions.
What you’ll need
- Experience interviewing customers in a variety of methodologies (Contextual interviews, Switch Interviews, Surveys, etc.) with a passion for understanding customers, systems and processes.
- The ability to investigate and dig deeper into problems, synthesise your findings and report these as insights and opportunities to other team members.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to build rapport and can empathise with our customers.
- Experience working with Product Engineering teams, Stakeholders and modern product development processes.
- Experience in the entire customer research process from participant recruitment through to presenting insights.
- You value collaboration as much as we do, are humble enough to listen, yet confident enough to ask questions and participate in the debate of ideas.
- Enjoy a minimum viable process (and may have built a process), and you look for ways to improve, save time and do things smarter.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changeable environment, enjoy taking on new experiences and overcoming complex challenges in first-time conditions.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have five key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you want to be a part of something remarkable, then we’re excited to hear from you.