eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world's largest online travel companies and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 18 million customers per year across 46 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with over 665 airlines and has partnerships with 130. The brand offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
Our research team continues to grow within a multi-disciplined environment with our closest peers and stakeholders being Data Analysts, Creative Designers, Product Designers, Product Owners, UX Writers and Marketing Teams.
We have a fully equipped physical UX Eye Tracking Lab as well as a fully functional online lab with realtime panel for moderated and unmoderated testing.
This is a very hands-on position. You will be fully embedded within the Product Design Process and you will be responsible for the research projects from objectives and study design through to defining research questions, analysis, reporting and sharing results as well as helping to determine actions to be taken as well as follow-up with actions taken.
- Plan and conduct user-centered qualitative and quantitative design research including identification of user needs and goals, as well as task and workflow modeling,
- Plan, implement, conduct, and present user research using methods including: usability studies (remote unmoderated and moderated, in-person/lab), ethnographic field studies, eye-tracking studies, diary studies, persona creation, competitive evaluations, benchmarking studies, participatory design sessions, user surveys, customer intercepts, RITE (rapid iterative testing and evaluation), guerilla usability tactics, and similar approaches,
- Identify new tools and methods to optimize the quality and efficiency of research activities,
- Synthesize various data sources (e.g. qualitative and quantitative data, customer support data, Social Media data, etc.) to guide business decisions and drive change by translating your research insights into actionable recommendations,
- Collaborate with user experience designers, product management, development, and project management,
- Mentor Product Designers in their own research activities (e.g. defining research questions, choosing methodologies, interview guidelines, etc.),
- Work with Product designers to create concepts based on business requirements and research findings,
- Champion user research within the organization and help to democratise UX Research across the organisation.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a UX / Product Design Researcher, ideally in a digital environment with experience in the mobile space,
- Minimum requirement: Undergraduate Degree in Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Sociology, Anthropology or other undergraduate program that includes research methods and statistics as part of the core degree. Preferred requirement: Advanced degree in one of these fields,
- Experience with UX / Product Design Research, both exploratory and generative,
- Experience with Qualtrics, Confirmit or other similar advanced survey authoring tools,
- Experience with Usertesting.com, UserZoom.com, trymyUI.com or other similar remote moderated and unmoderated UX research tools,
- Bonus points if you have experience with or even better if you’re an expert in eye tracking,
- Mixed methods experience with a passion for understanding both the psychology and numbers behind a given research question,
- The official language of business at eDreams ODIGEO is English, therefore candidates must have solid English reading, writing and presenting skills. Proficiency in Spanish, German, French, Italian and other languages in addition to English is preferred,
- Team player with a positive attitude and sense of humor,
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, strong analytical and oral communication skills and the ability to prioritize quickly,
- Self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional manner.
What do we offer?
- Fun at work: At eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance (e.g. half-day Fridays, team building activities, flexible hours, 28 days of holiday in 2021 +2 extra days off in Christmas, etc.).
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on all your travels.
- Competitive salaries & flexible benefits scheme: Ticket Restaurant, transport, private health insurance, etc.
- We like our eDOers happy and healthy! Free fresh fruit, water, breakfast alternatives for all (with many types of milk, teas, chocolate, etc.) and a significant GymForLess discount! After the gym you can always take a shower at our offices too.
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops, etc.
- Amazing offices in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful terrace to have a break and enjoy the views.