Papa is growing & looking for an UX Researcher to join our team!
Papa’s mission is to support families throughout the aging journey. Every day 11,000 people in the United States turn 65. Loneliness is a disease and Social Determinants of Health have huge impacts on people’s lives. The Papa team and our tens of thousands of Papa Pals are here to provide companionship, support, and care to millions of families.
Backed by amazing partners, Papa has raised over $31M in funding. Our investors include Canaan, Comcast Ventures, Operator Partners, Magnify Ventures, Pivotal Ventures (Melinda Gates’ fund), Initialized Capital, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher’s fund), and YCombinator.
Papa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and/or racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the Role
The UX Researcher is part of the Marketplace team at Papa and works across many types of brand and product initiatives at Papa to more effectively and efficiently deliver products and experiences that fulfill user needs. Papa’s mission is to support families throughout the aging journey, so we care deeply about crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences that bring people together.
In addition to conducting primary research, the UX Researcher will also enable other functions within the company (engineers, product managers, designers, marketers, etc.) to learn and apply research skills to global problems. You will play a role in shaping how we build research as a core competency across Papa and define how we put users first when conducting research.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead user research efforts and conduct mixed-method studies that deepen our understanding of the user experience and drive product strategy
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion as a strategic partner to business leads, product managers, designers, and engineers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products
- Prioritize research needs and approaches across multiple work streams to work on the right project, scale, and scope at the right time and ensure impact by delivering actionable insights
- Work closely with partner teams (product, engineering, design, growth, and operations) to create a full picture of the end users’ experience, including tradeoffs & dependencies across functions
- Effectively communicate findings & recommendations to product, design and engineering stakeholders
- Enable others at Papa to learn and apply research skills by building research programs, platforms, and toolkits that empower them to conduct tactical research
- Disseminate research insights to evolve and enhance Papa’s understanding of user needs and identify innovative opportunities to meet those needs.
- Non-hierarchical, with a willingness to roll-up your sleeves, multitask and dive into details
- A lack of ego, driven by group outcome, not individual outcome
- Committed to supporting a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment
- 3+ years of experience conducting research, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience working directly with product, design and development teams
- Excellent story-telling abilities and facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functionally in order to engage stakeholders from across the organization
- Interest in partnering with teammates to increase understanding of user research
- Willingness to take initiative, run with projects, and speak up when support and guidance is needed
- Obsessed with customer centricity and process improvement
- Detail oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to leverage data tools to seek answers to complex problems
- Market competitive salary
- Bonus provided based on individual goals
- Health benefits
- Health Care, Vision, Dental
- PTO + paid holidays (available after 90-days)
- 401K + matching