The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways — from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
Aspen Technology is looking for a UX researcher to support multiple product teams. With a systematic approach to study our target users and their requirements, you will use various methods to discover, explore, test, and listen – often drawing on results of extensive research and workflow analysis to uncover problems and design opportunities. UX research plays an essential part in every step of our design and product development process here at AspenTech. You will be responsible for defining, leading, analyzing, and socializing research studies to better understand our product users around the world and help answer the core questions of the business. The cross-functional teams you’ll work with are nimble, dynamic, and collaborative. Methods of focus will include both qualitative and quantitative user research as well as attitudinal and behavioral approaches. You will design research plans that gather evidence ensuring our product decisions are made with sufficient insight from our customers, mitigate risk, and ultimately guide our design and product decisions to the best solution.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, plan and execute high-impact research studies
- Establishing questionnaires and conducting surveys
- Conducting interviews and knowledge of various qualitative UX research methodologies.
- Develop personas, journey maps, and usage scenarios, wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows
- Define key UX product goals and objectives, identify appropriate test methods, execute studies, and synthesize findings
- Facilitate design thinking workshops with our product teams and stakeholders.
- Routinely evaluate and track experiences against key business metrics, throughout the product funnel and lifecycle
- Work across AspenTech products and SME’s to create unified and aligned customer experiences
- Lead end-to-end research initiatives that help teams uncover actionable insight findings into strategic business recommendations
What You'll Need
What You Will Need:
- 5-8 years of demonstrable experience in product research or user experience (UX) research
- Advanced degree in research, psychology, social sciences or a related field is preferred, but not required.
- Must understand modern design and web technologies. A good understanding of wireframing and rapid prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, Figma, Adobe XD, and Illustrator is necessary.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with customers, designers, project management, development teams, and marketing.
- Ability to synthesize and communicate your findings and recommendations across the company
- Experimental mindset to shed new light on customer experiences to help inform strategic decision-making for our business.
- Experience managing remote user testing and team collaboration such as Microsoft Teams and Lucidspark is a plus.