The UX Researcher at Valassis is a role that will work with the Product Development department within the company at our Raleigh, NC office. UX Researchers will work and collaborate very closely with a Lead UX Researcher, Designers, Market Research, and Engineering to help advance the state of UX at Valassis. The ultimate goal is to understand and convey our users’ needs to our teams so that our products and offerings offer a more complete and effective solution
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with members of the research and design teams to improve overall user experience
- Plan and conduct user research studies, such as interviews, usability testing sessions, surveys, card sorts, etc.
- Help manage a UX Research repository
- Offer insight into UX best practices and theories
- Assist ongoing research with note-taking, observation, and transcription
- Create testing scripts and help organize assets for testing
- Track, manage, and analyze data
- Present findings to various teams
- Recruit and schedule participants
Who You Are:
- Great communicators, listeners, and empathizers
- Personable individuals who are comfortable establishing communication with anyone at a company, regardless of level
- Excellent collaborators who want to help advance the research and design teams
- Proficient with a variety of research tools such as, but not limited to: online video conferencing tools (e.g. Zoom), online survey creation tools (e.g. SurveyMonkey), Excel, Figma, Google Analytics, Airtable, Optimal Workshop, EnjoyHQ, etc.
- Proficient with a variety of research methods such as, but not limited to: user testing, card sorting, survey analysis, heuristic analysis, accessibility testing, IA testing, prototype testing, etc.
- Eager to learn and self-motivated
- Individuals who have solved problems for their communities or groups with technology
- Time commitment is between 16-24 hours per week
- Currently the position is entirely remote during the COVID-19 pandemic, but availability to the Raleigh, NC or Livonia, MI office is essential for the future