The UX Researcher role is a critical role on the UX team, reporting into the UX Research Lead. This role works in collaboration with the UX research team to utilize UX tools, usability testing and research methods to provide actionable insights that drive experience design. The UX Researcher will work to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of digital experiences in collaboration with Product, Marketing and Customer Experience at WEX. The ideal candidate will be naturally curious, well versed in both qualitative and quantitative UX research methods, have deep empathy for the user and feel comfortable communicating with stakeholders at all levels. This role is expected to have the ability to take projects from beginning to end autonomously with guidance as needed. Responsibilities include developing usability test plans and scripts, conducting tests, analysis and reporting of the results to business stakeholders. Extra points for wireframing and prototyping skills.
The ideal candidate for this role would be based in Maine where our corporate headquarters is located, but full-time remote candidates will also be considered.
- Plan and conduct independent research using a wide range of methods (such as usability testing, interviews, field studies, concept testing, surveys, etc.) and use appropriate analysis methods to synthesize/translate data into actionable results and designs.
- Work with UX Research Lead and business partners to determine research and testing needs and priorities based on business requirements. Identify and suggest new opportunities to fulfill on business partners' needs and offer actionable insights.
- Present findings and actionable recommendations to working teams that drive design and development improvements.
- Assist in the definition and refinement of user personas and journey maps.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of current research methodologies and data analysis techniques.
- Experience with an extensive variety of research tools and methods (especially user-centered design processes), and history of designing and running research and testing programs.
- Comfortable interviewing and observing people in many different situations, and ability to create productive interactions with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven ability to synthesize information and distill it into meaningful data and track record of consistently producing deliverables that are well-written and provide solid and actionable recommendations.
- Creative thinker with strong people and facilitation skills. A solid team player with a history of collaboration.
- Solid project management and planning skills with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate insights and actionable recommendations to stakeholders. Detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask. Self-directed with effective time management skills.
- Experience with with specific research tools including UserTesting.com, OptimalWorkshop and Qualtrics is ideal.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related work experience