About the job
The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways — from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
The RoleUX research plays an essential part in every step of our design and product development process here at AspenTech. You will assist in defining, analyzing, and socializing research studies to better understand our product users around the world and help answer the core questions of the business. The cross-functional teams you’ll work with are nimble, dynamic, and collaborative. Methods of focus will include both qualitative and quantitative user research as well as attitudinal and behavioral approaches. You will help create research plans that gather evidence ensuring our product decisions are made with sufficient insight from our customers, mitigate risk, and ultimately guide our design and product decisions to the best solution.Your Impact
- Identify, prioritize, plan, and execute high-impact research studies
- Establish questionnaires, surveys, and conduct interviews
- Practice your knowledge of various qualitative UX research methodologies
- Develop personas, journey maps, and usage scenarios, wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps, and screen flows
- Define key UX product goals and objectives, identify appropriate test methods, execute studies, and synthesize findings
- Evaluate and track experiences against key business metrics, throughout the product funnel and lifecycle
- Work across AspenTech products and SME’s to create unified and aligned customer experiences
What You'll Need
- 2-3 years of demonstrable experience in product research or user experience (UX) research
- Degree in research, psychology, social sciences, or a related field
- Must understand modern design and web technologies. A good understanding of wireframing and rapid prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, Figma, Adobe XD, and Illustrator is necessary.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with customers, designers, project management, development teams, and marketing.
- Ability to synthesize and communicate your findings and recommendations to product teams
- Experience with remote user testing and team collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams and Lucidspark is a plus.