About the job
**THIS IS A 6-MONTH CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY**
Xerxes Global is seeking an experienced UX Researcher to join their team! This is a hands-on role, which involves managing participant recruitment, data collection (includes moderating sessions), data synthesis and analysis, and delivery of findings and recommendations. This is a 6 month contract position.
The UX Researcher will:
- Have a strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, (A/B testing).
- Work with Designers and Product Managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- Create personas and user profiles based on research results.
- Systematically help identify, collect, and report metrics from usability tests.
- Is a specialist in qualitative and/or quantitative methods to understand user behaviors and attitudes and best answer business objectives.
- Is a big picture problem solver, helping connect the dots between products and services, understand the larger opportunities, and communicate why they matter to the business and to the user.
- Design a range of qualitative and quantitative studies applicable to all product stages from conception to release.
- Effectively communicate rich customer data and articulate the implications of research findings in clear and compelling ways.
- Help evolve the discipline while influencing multiple product teams to make impactful, data-driven decisions.
- Teach and empower others on the team to carry out User Experience Research and follow best practices.
- Create deliverables in the form of engaging reports, journey maps, or other materials as needed by the project team.
- Share research insights with cross-functional partners to create a smarter, more informed, and more empathetic team.
WHAT IT TAKES
This role demands problem solving, comfort with ambiguity, and enthusiasm. Xerxes Global is a scaling company in the business management services and technology space – we care about results and are all eager to jump in and get our hands dirty. Important competencies to effectively perform this role include:
- Innovative and collaborative with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an evolving, dynamic environment.
- A sense of humor and an appreciation for sharing in success with teammates.
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity, and fulfillment of commitments.
- Highly accountable and driven with heavy concentration of grit required. We value and celebrate it.
WHAT YOUR RESUME SHOWS
While we’re looking for some specific experiences and skill-sets, nothing is more important than a strong can-do attitude, resilience in the face of change, and a passion for learning and creating. Some of the things you might bring to the role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 4+ years’ experience designing and executing qualitative and quantitative research plans, ideally in the software space.
- Proficiency in communicating user research findings with cross functional partners to drive impact.
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
- Experience generating research plans.
- Ability to define and track user experience metrics.
- Experience with a broad range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies (usability studies, interviews, surveys, card sorting, cluster analysis, max diff,).
- Experience with analytic data analysis to inform decision making (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, App Insights etc.).
Xerxes Global Holdings is comprised of the following businesses:
MGMT3D specializes in strategic M&A advisory and business growth in private equity, investment banking, portfolio companies and more.
EBM Software delivers performance software solutions that drive growth for private equity funds, investment banks and middle market to large corporations.
The Association of Retail and Consumer Professionals (ARC) is the parent organization of the Category Management Association (CMA) and the Shopper Insights Management Association (SIMA).
Employees here are an elite group of bright, strategic thinkers. They are encouraged to take the ball and run with it, and there’s no question your individual impact can be felt. Our employees are highly valued on an individual level and are always pushed to grow and continuously move onward and upward in their careers. Here, you’ll be working side-by-side with top-level executives and thought-leaders, making connections and constantly learning. We do everything possible to ensure you’re able to grow and shine in your role.
Xerxes Global, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.