About the job
- Key role-have a genuine impact on digital retail in NZ
- Purpose-built offices in Ponsonby facilitate our Agile ways of working
- Highly talented peers, fast paced environment
Countdown continues to drive innovation from the front within NZ’s online retail landscape and remains genuinely committed to making Kiwi’s lives a little better every day. Whether we are doing our bit for the environment or helping people get their groceries in ways that better fit their busy lives, at Countdown we work hard to create great experiences and drive positive change in the communities we serve.
The CountdownX tribe are at the heart of delivering innovation to our teams and customers working across our digital and ecommerce services for an enhanced, more connected shopper experience. From our website, mobile services, technology for teams in store, through to end-to-end physical service design, we are dedicated to applying Customer 1st thinking in all we do. We are innovators, instigators and love solving complex problems. We test and we learn but remain humble whilst sharing our success. We work end-to-end within an Agile model that allows us to deliver quickly and be ahead of the game.
Working largely to lead our digital UX research stream, you will help us define customer centred experiences for the future. You will also deliver a multi-method always on digital experience research programme and develop and enhance our UX research operations practices to uplift the capability across our design and product teams.
We are looking for someone who can work in partnership with our UX team and Customer insights specialists to evangelise design thinking and ensure that customer needs and insights are well understood-informing our product strategy and roadmaps.
This is your chance to make a genuine impact and help create a world class digital retailing experience!
Your Other Responsibilities Will See You
- Maintain a current assessment and monitor changes to key competitor experiences
- Plan, design and conduct research across the breadth of our digital touchpoints using a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods, including interviews, contextual studies, co-design sessions, focus groups, surveys, usability tests, card sorting, remote user testing and digital and physical intercept studies
- Support our team of UX Designers and Product Owners in carrying out their own research throughout the iterative design process, driving improvements in process, quality and outcomes and broadening the research toolkit
- Establish and advise on user centred KPIs for these initiatives and support in design and execution of ongoing monitoring.
- Support A/B testing and embedding and monitoring new digital experiences through definition of relevant customer metrics and design of contextual surveys
- Continually improve our UX research processes and toolkit
- Identify and utilise industry best practice and emerging research technologies to drive ongoing improvements to the customer research practices used within Brand & CountdownX teams
Contributing To Our Overall Goal Of Achieving a Single, Seamless Service Across All Of Our Touchpoints, Your Experience Will Likely Reflect
- 8-10 years of experience in the field of User Experience research
- Deep expertise using the breadth of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to drive digital and customer experience strategy including interviews, contextual studies, co-design sessions, focus groups, surveys, usability tests, card sorting, remote user testing and digital and physical intercept studies
- Creative, experimental and pragmatic in developing appropriate methods and test rigs/kits to uncover the required insights
- Confident in leading collaborative synthesis sessions to draw out insights and achieve shared understanding across a project team
- Practiced in using behavioural data and performance analytics to support and supplement research insights
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to synthesize quickly and articulate and champion the strategic impact of insights
- Proven track record of liberating actionable insights, working both within product teams and/or consulting in a fast-paced environment
- Pragmatic mindset, knowing when to do just enough and when to go deeper
- Strong understanding of the end to end product and service design lifecycle
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication and presentation skills
- Curious, results driven, confident and committed to professional growth
We have a strong preference for
- Experience in designing and running face to face and remote research across physical, digital and emerging technologies such as voice
- Retail ecommerce industry exposure
- Experience with agile ways of working
There has never been a better time to join the tribe at CountdownX and the largest retailer in Australasia. Our UX team directly influences the web, mobile and in store experiences for our customers and the tools and technology for our teams. You should definitely find out more! Apply today or call Jo Lloyd Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist to discuss today. 09 2552231