About the job
What’s it like working for one of the most vibrant brands in the UK?
Virgin Media is one of the largest broadband, TV, mobile and home phone providers in the country. We pride ourselves on being brighter, bolder, smarter and faster than our competition, so when we say we’re obsessive about helping our customers make connections that really matter – we really mean it.
The Digital Team brims with passionate creatives with a flair for innovative disruption. We’ve created inclusive, diverse environments perfect for ambitious minds to drive our digital transformation forward.
As we move towards an agile approach, we’re looking for an ambitious person who shares our fixation on world-class customer experiences and who isn’t afraid to turn the familiar on its head.
The core purpose of this UX Researc role will be to generate inspiring and actionable insight to help improve our digital experiences across web and app.
So, what’s it like working for one of the most vibrant brands in the UK? Why not join us and find out for yourself.
Location: This UX Researcher role will be based in either our Hammersmith or Birmingham offices post Covid, we are all currently working from home.
- Help inform and inspire user experience design by generating and sharing insights from a range of sources including website/app surveys, remote usability testing, competitor research, moderated interviews, tree testing , card sorting etc
- Deliver in-house UX research (either face to face or online) – including set up, recruitment, moderation, data collection, analysis and debrief
- Work closely with external research agencies to commission recruitment activities for user research
- Full project management of onsite website surveys – devise, script, analyse and debrief
- Analyse actual on-site user behaviour to provide ideas for website optimisations and to support discovery research
- Be the UX research expert - provide advice and guidance on the most appropriate tools/methodologies to use to answer business problems
- Support Product Managers to deliver best in class user experiences across web and app - keep them informed of findings, ensuring they understand and are able to take action on any insight generated
- Champion customer insight throughout Digital to ensure optimisation backlogs and strategic goals represent customer priorities – be pro-active in suggesting ideas for new projects
- Lead and manage the external relationship with our VOC supplier, ensuring maximum value is obtained from the platform
- Educate and support the Digital team to generate their own insight from a range of available tools
- Where possible, ensure research outputs are integrated with behavioural data, to ensure we have joined-up, holistic insight, answering ‘what’, ‘why, ‘so what’ and ‘now what’.
- Deliver insight presentations and recommendations to a wide range of stakeholders including Directors, Product Managers, UX/UI, Copywriters etc
- Manage a range of stakeholders within an agile framework/methodology
Skills And Competencies
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research – must be an expert in quantitative data analysis and have experience of undertaking text analytics
- Must have experience of running moderated sessions with minimal supervision
- Ability to take data and turn it into insight – and recommendations for action
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to work with low supervision – will be true Subject Matter Expert
- Good communication skills, including the ability to translate insight into plain terms and commercial opportunities or risks
- Relationship-building skills – an ability to gain influence with a range of stakeholders in order to drive data-driven decisions
- Experience in working with designers, developers and Product Managers
- Pro-active in suggesting new ideas to further improve insight generated
- Digital Insight – Analysts who monitor on-site behaviour and trading performance
- Product Managers who drive optimisation and development programmes for online journeys and experiences
- UX – who design new journeys/experiences for testing
- Customer Experience (NPS) – manage the Virgin Media NPS survey programme
- Digital Directors – responsible for driving customer retention and increasing sales conversion
External Stakeholders Will Include
- Insight & Data agencies
- Vendors and other suppliers
Required Critical Behaviours
- Curiosity about consumers – and what makes people behave the way they do
- Ability to communicate persuasively and influence senior stakeholders effectively.
- Strong attention to detail in a high pressure, sometimes regulated, environment.
- Ability to manage situations of complexity / conflict / paradox with positive outcomes.
- Team player – work well with colleagues, contributing to overall aims of Digital Insight and Digital department as a whole.
- Innovative thinking – ability to think around an issue and solve problems.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo, operating in an iterative/agile environment, and willing to fail fast and learn quickly.
- Excellent report writing skills – translating insight into an easy digestible format for others to consume
- 3+ years managing and running both quantitative and qualitative research projects, delivering actionable insight – clientside and/or agency side experience
- Experience conducting research within a digital environment
- Experience in using remote user research platforms to gather insight e.g. Userzoom, usertesting.com
- Experience of utilising tools to analyse onsite user behaviour (e.g. Content Square, Decibel, hotjar etc) preferable
- Experience of working in an agile environment would prove beneficial
Salary: 40-50k + excellent benefits
Pension - Up to 20% (matched up to 10% employee, 10% employer)
Holiday - 25 days (plus your birthday and bank holidays on top!)
Private Medical, Life Assurance, Dental and the ability to buy/sell holiday, opt in to our Share Save and many more salary sacrifice schemes
What to do now?
If this role sounds right up your street, then click apply to send through your CV.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!