About the job
With more than 130 million registered players across all platforms, we count among the leading casual and social games providers. GameDuell was founded in 2003 and offers a broad portfolio of over 40 games shaped by our team members.
As our experienced User Experience Researcher, you will significantly influence the business decision-making process of the company through the implementation of your quantitative and qualitative research results. You will gain first-hand insights into the innovative fields of web, mobile, and social games. With our business OKRs in mind, you will be responsible for comprehensive research requests for the entire company portfolio. As an extraordinary communicator, you will easily pitch your results and ideas to all stakeholders. Your stellar storytelling skills allow you to give insights to stakeholders’ hearts and minds.
- Handle research requests and create test plans and design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, including target group identification, design of questionnaires and interviews, and decide on which tools to use
- Execute research throughout the product life cycle and present it to all relevant stakeholders and management to support business decision making
- Expand our understanding of user psychology and motivation by using the results of your user research studies, and build on archetypes & personas that have a clear, direct impact on product development
- Organize and execute in-house and online user tests
- Collaborate with various teams (UX design, product, graphics, content, legal, etc.) to define research objectives for generative and evaluative research
What we expect
- Graduate in research-based and human behavior related field (e.g. human factors)
- 3+ years proven track record as a UX researcher, designing, running, and reporting on your own studies
- High-level understanding of statistics and quantitative analysis of human behavior
- Excellent skills in tools and languages for both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Very good analytical and conceptual skills
- Project management skills
- Very good consensus building, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Fluent English and good German is mandatory, knowledge of French is very welcome
What we offer
- A variety of tasks and independent work with creative leeway for your own ideas
- One of the best working spaces in Berlin: our well-situated office in Mitte! (Includes free soft drinks, fruit, pool table, table tennis, game events, sports courses, a sunny rooftop terrace, and much more)
- Flexible working hours
- Mobile office during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic
We are an ecological and socially sustainable company and have our very own “Green Team” which implements ideas and initiatives to help protect our environment and for charity. As a games community, we take our social responsibility seriously. We are co-founders of the “Leaders for Climate Action” and have committed ourselves to become carbon neutral.
- We pay attention to environmental friendly and resource-efficient standards when purchasing our office and food supplies
- We match your charity donations
- Join our “Green Team” and you can actively engage with charities and help to protect our environment by directly taking part in many of our green initiatives
- Social responsibility begins with each of us. Our corporate culture is characterized by mutual trust and respect. Our open and international team welcomes and respects diversity
We look forward to receiving your application, including a possible starting date. Please send your application as PDF via e-mail to Caro (email@example.com) with the subject line ‘UX Researcher’.
* GameDuell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. Any terms referring to people are valid for all genders whether male, female, or diverse.