About the job
Come and join the Digital UX Team as we work to transform Thomson Reuters into a truly Digital company. We aren’t just changing the way customers engage with us, we are transforming and re-imagining our business, by focusing on the individual user. We are looking for curious, smart, self-driven UX professionals who love the challenge of turning complex problems and constraints into elegant solutions that meet our users’ needs. Our team promotes an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design, and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged. Our work focuses on a large portfolio of transformational efforts as we work together to deliver on the promise of making it easy to do business with Thomson Reuters.
About The Role
- This role focuses on leading and executing design and usability research. Experience with interaction design principles, tools, and techniques is important both for communication with the internal team and articulating issues to stakeholders. The successful candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment where research studies will be executed on a weekly basis.
- Candidates should have a broad knowledge and experience with a wide variety of research methods, both qualitative and quantitative, including:
- Qualitative analysis and reporting Interviewing and group facilitation techniques will be important
- Contextual Inquiries, Remote Usability Testing, Parallel Prototyping, Persona Development
- Un-moderated Feedback (example: UserZoom) Other User-Centered Design (UCD) methods to develop user Jobs to be Done
- You have a passion for applying the Jobs to be Done framework to UX and understanding user outcomes.
- You can keep pace with agile testing, but decouple from the churn to give design teams needed long term goals for hitting user objectives
- You think beyond the click and ask: Why would anyone want to push this button in the first place?
- You can write about this in a way that doesn't require voice-over.
- You can sketch in a collaborative way to make a point or illustrate a flow
- Qualitative is your jam, Quantitative is an interesting puzzle, UX is a codeword for everything
- The candidate should have demonstrated success in research facilitation as well as comfort in the role of research observer and note-taker.
- Quickly synthesize business objectives and customer needs
- Develop a UX research approach, schedule, and detailed test plan
- Plan, recruit, script, facilitate, collect, analyze, and document data
- Identify and articulate user needs first and then potential usability issues both verbally and through documentation
- Transform the data into prioritized, actionable recommendations (within a SHORT turn-around time)
- Clearly communicate qualitative analysis, recommendations, and potential design solutions
- Create persuasive presentations geared towards product owners, developers, visual designers, other UX team members, and c-level executives
- Facilitate internal meetings to triage/manage research findings
- Previous experience with design or research projects involving complex workflows, visualization of large datasets, operating system-level tools, and both web and software environments is a plus.
- Bachelor of Arts in a Social Science or Master of Science in a Social Sciences, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field is desired
- 4+ years of experience applying research to high-volume, interactive B2B and B2C applications, rich web-based applications, or websites.
- Strong, analytical problem solving, decision-making, and leadership
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and tools
- Familiarity with SharePoint, project management tool like Jira
- Familiarity performing studies in a virtual lab environment
- Familiarity with data-logging tools and systems such as Tableau, Qualtrics, Adobe Analytics, or other BI analytic programs would be helpful
We want to see your work and we'll be looking for: Ability to communicate your ideas; be it Insight Reports, Recruiting Screeners, Interview Guides, Actionable Recommendations, decks, etc.
Let’s discuss: What was the outcome of your work? Examples of how you impacted the product or business
What’s In It For You
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Learning & Development: Exposure to a wide breadth of clients and our leading-edge technology; collaborate on multiple projects and teams cross-functionally with top talent; Access to training programs, LinkedIn Learning, Unconferences, networking events, in-house speaker series, and more
- Your Wellbeing: Health benefits, Savings/investment plans, Paid time off (including extended parental leave); Company Mental Health Day Off; Access to Headspace, and other wellbeing and mindfulness resources
- Flexibility: Recognized by Forbes as a Best Companies for Work/Life Balance
- Global Reputation: Become a part of our global network, joining talent working in 70 countries, across 3 different industries
- Social Impact: Dedicated paid volunteer days; participate in initiatives or become a member on any of our eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups that foster our inclusive environment
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.