We are looking for a Mid-weight UX Research specialist with 3+ years experience in planning, conducting and reporting on customer research, delivering actionable outputs.
You will be confident advising clients and the team on research activity that is required to inform road-map for their digital products/services.
Conducting proposed activities, and reporting back on key insights with rationale for recommendations. You will be grounded in solid user-centered thinking, interpretation of both qualitative and quantitative data, behavioral insights and your wider knowledge of the digital landscape.
You will be passionate about understanding people, their needs and motivations. Then, how these are reflected in behaviors and the quality of their experience with products/services.
● Define and run a variety of research methods for clients, covering a mix including: depth interviews, usability testing (prototypes and products), large-scale surveys, guerrilla user feedback/polls and heuristic reviews.
● Work on research activities, representing the voice and mindset of the customer, from the approach through to interpretation of insights and output recommendations.
● Write up research outcomes to clearly communicate insights uncovered and the value they can add to client business, confidently presenting this in face-to-face debriefs and workshops.
● Work collaboratively within project teams, including specialists across UX, Data and Design, to identify customer experience opportunities for our clients.
● Analyse and interpret multiple sources of data, incorporating qualitative feedback (e.g. usability testing, customer interviews/groups, remote testing) and quantitative data (analytics, A/B testing, surveys) to identify the most valuable insights.
● Work with recruitment partners, remote testing platforms, and ad-hoc tools/services as required to achieve the desired outcomes of research.
● Experience planning and running both generative and evaluative research activity, applying mixed methods as needed.
● Equally confident in digging for customer needs/motivations via depth interviews, as you are in evaluating pain-points and potential improvements via usability testing.
● Ability to infer behavioral insights from both quantitative and qualitative data, generating hypotheses and sowing seeds for experience design and innovation.
● Ability to communicate findings verbally and in written reports, with clear rationale for recommendations.
● Demonstrable passion for understanding people, behavior and always asking ‘Why’.
● Strong grounding in UX principles and research methodologies.
● Commercially adept, confident working with customer and business objectives in tandem. Desirable
● MSc/MA-level qualification in the field of human behavior (e.g. HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Behavioral Science) ● Experience with eCommerce.
● Agency experience collaborating with multiple disciplines and roles including strategists, designers, co-researchers and client stakeholders.