About the job
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
For additional information, visit www.8x8.com , or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn , Twitter and Facebook .
The UX & Product Design team is the driving force behind the design and usability of 8x8’s Communication Platform. We are creative, collaborative, and fun. We care deeply about each member’s professional growth and development. Here is your opportunity to have a real impact with real end users of our products across the globe. As part of the UX & Product Design team, you will help define the future of communication applications & services.
As User Researcher you will be responsible for running remote moderated and unmoderated qualitative and quantitative research studies, analyzing results and presenting findings. The right candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects.
As our ideal candidate you will have deep empathy for users with a relentless determination to do what is right for them, uncovering their motivations, behaviors and the challenges they face. You have excellent observational and analytical skills, being able to draw on a large toolkit of both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
You will have had success collaborating with cross functional teams evangelizing research findings to make insights actionable to drive product strategy and design for both new and existing products.
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Execute qualitative and quantitative UX research throughout the design and development lifecycle, from early strategic direction through post-release validation
- Use a wide range of research methods, including ethnography/field research, participatory design, journey lines, interviews, concept testing, surveys, diary studies, usability studies, data analytics
- Collaborate with broader departments including product managers, designers, engineering, documentation and analytics to create research proposals through understanding the business needs, research goals and target customers
- Identify and prioritize actionable results based on research. Communicate research findings and ensure the insights are translated into actionable direction through presentations, posters, graphics, displays, workshops, wireframes, etc
- Apply usability heuristics and knowledge of current design best practices to evaluate new and existing features and offer viable suggestions for improvements
- Lead design-thinking and other workshops to continually increase customer empathy across the broader organization
- Provide expert reviews and drive the creation and adoption of new research methods and tools
- Share research expertise and knowledge with others, and encourage the wider team to actively participate in UX Research, to improve organizational capability and challenge team thinking
- You might have opportunities for working on projects requiring low-fidelity prototypes, heuristic reviews, web analytics, data mining, card sorting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the area of Cognitive, Behavioral, Experimental or Industrial Psychology, Human Factors, or Human-Computer Interaction and/or comparable certifications and experience
- Considerable knowledge and hands-on know-how in planning and execution of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methods/techniques (usability testing, A/B testing, ethnography, contextual enquiry, user personas, journey mapping, surveys, competitor analysis, statistical analysis) and ability to come up with creative research solutions as needed
- Outstanding interpersonal skills in conducting live/field interviews, as well as remote user studies
- Fluency in user-centered design best practices, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Expertise with data analysis and how to meaningfully convey research findings/insights into actionable recommendations and visualizations
- Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills with cross-functional teams and stakeholders; experience working in a collaborative environment
- Experience of using and managing the use of online research tools e.g. unmoderated remote testing, online surveys
- Ability to run prototype testing using tools like InVision, Figma
- Strong track record of research results impacting product strategy and development
- A self-starter. Able to work pragmatically in an extremely fast-paced environment
Working At 8x8
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognized on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 International and the Cluj office look like check out our Instagrampage.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here .