About the job
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
What We Value
- Passion for Bitso’s mission
- Entrepreneurial mindset, this is key!
- Be inspired and energized by our values: Drive change, Be human, Embrace your freedom.
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. No task is insignificant.
- Raising the quality bar and challenging others
- Seeing opportunities when others see problems
- Passion for working with a diverse group of people and different points of view
- A collaborative spirit who gives thoughtful and constructive feedback
- Making decisions guided by long-term company objectives
- Setting ambitious goals, taking risks, and empowering others
Team & Role Description
As a UX researcher you will plan and execute research projects that will help inform product decisions with a deep understanding of our customers needs and behaviors.
You will be working closely with product managers, stakeholders, product designers, content designers, and data scientists mostly during the discovery phases to bring an empathic narrative of our users perspective into the decision making process by conducting primary and secondary research and transforming those insights into new product opportunities and improvement recommendations.
To Succeed In This Role You’ll Need
- +3 years of hands-on research experience with demonstrated skill in collecting and analyzing qualitative data to improve customer experiences.
- Exceptional conversational and observational skills to connect and interact with people.
- An exceptional portfolio of research case studies that showcases the research journey, results, and personal learnings.
- Experience choosing and applying qualitative research methods best suited to answer different research questions throughout the product design process.
- The skills to explain your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and ask for feedback to help you deliver your best work.
- Some experience using quantitative data to provide informed user insights.
- Fluency in English and Spanish. Portuguese is a plus.
- Great self-management skills.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects and collaborating with cross-functional teams.+
- Work with the product teams and stakeholders to collect insights and translate customer and business problems into research projects that help gain a deeper understanding of our customer’s perspective.
- Understand and choose methodologies to answer relevant research questions for each stage of the product development process.
- Collect and analyze data gathered from primary and secondary research such as user interviews, remote field studies, surveys, benchmark studies and online experiments (A/B/n tests).
- Document and deliver timely and actionable insights that inform our product development process for both design decisions and product opportunities.
- Collaborate with product and content designers to ideate design solutions and define criteria that would ensure intuitive, accessible and delightful user experiences.
- Collaborate with product teams to define UX outcomes and metrics (both qualitative and quantitative) that help measure the desirability and success of a design solution.
Nice To Have Skills
- The ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization and in a variety of contexts.
- Experience successfully integrating customer research into a business’ product design practice.
- Experience working in Fintech related research projects.
Note: Your prior work experience, your demonstrated skill sets, and your demonstrated impact are far more important than your current title, level, or background. If you are interested and believe you can bring the skills and the thinking we need, please apply regardless of your level or experience.
Compensation And Benefits
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful
- Salary: We pay very competitively in the countries where we operate, based on sophisticated high-tech markets
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.