About the job
Shipping is the trillion-dollar industry that people rarely talk about. It’s big, complex, cumbersome and fraught with legacy, which means it’s ripe for disruption and Zencargo are uniquely positioned to capitalise on this opportunity.
Our digital platform provides a central place for teams to gain deep operational and strategic insight into their supply chain. Through visibility down to the individual product level, our platform flags risks early in the supply chain to allow for business leaders to react and make informed decisions. This helps us deliver against our mission of making our customers’ supply chain their competitive advantage.
The combination of our vision, people and technology has placed us in Sunday times tech track 100 ‘ones to watch’, were awarded us the prestigious BIFA supply chain management award and are proud to be a part of the Tech Nation Upscale 5.0 cohort.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make. That’s why we’re looking for a UX Researcher with a broad range of experience, from planning and conducting in-depth strategic research through to usability testing. You will be joining a growing research team that works closely with teams across the business who truly value what you do.
- Working closely with our small, focussed, cross-disciplinary teams, to collaboratively conduct research into a fascinating domain
- Conducting tactical and strategic research initiatives making use of the most appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Running qualitative studies, including remote and in-person interviews and usability testing for existing and future products.
- Working with our data scientists to monitor and evaluate the behaviour of users on our platform
- Organising research sessions, including working with the team to recruit and schedule users to speak with.
- Delivering insights in effective and impactful ways (user journeys personas, ideation stimuli, etc), ensuring they're easily understood and actionable.
- Working with Product Managers and Product Designers to support them in running their own research initiatives, helping them achieve more impactful results.
- Experience in conducting tactical and strategic research using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies (including synthesis of both)
- Belief in presenting your research as actionable insights and challenges for the team to work towards, and not a list of recommendations.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment, where you've led the research that has made a demonstrable impact on the direction of the product or service.
- An organised, autonomous and self-directed approach, resulting in excellent project management skills.
- Good communicator with the ability to distill and present research findings clearly, accurately and compellingly in written, verbal, non-verbal and visual forms of communication.
- Experience conducting research in multiple markets, planning for and appreciating potential cultural differences.
- Speaks Mandarin
- Fair salary and a pension scheme
- Internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- We offer flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days. We value output over face time. You’re free to work however you work best..
- £500 annual self-development budget for conferences and trainings - learning is important to us
- Enahnced maternity and paternity packages.
- Fast paced environment with lots of room for creative freedom
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to change one of the biggest industries in the world
- Regular company socials.
- Weekly Yoga and discounts at local gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Nursery salary saving
Founded in 2017, there are now over 150 of us. Our team comes from all walks of life, and we welcome diverse voices and views to help us solve problems in the industry in a fresh way. Our Operational and Commercial teams are experts in logistics, freight forwarding and growing a business and our Product and Engineering team have experience in international B2B marketplaces, disruptive communication platforms, running product development agencies and financial products.
Our founding team have wide ranging experience in the shipping and logistics industry, financial services, machine learning and online platform business. They came together to launch Zencargo in 2017 and since then have overseen rapid growth scaling a team across Europe, working with fast-growing businesses - we work with 30% of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies in the UK - as well as enterprise customers.
- We live the mission - We can’t wait for the industry to change: we need to build the future our clients need
- We keep our customers in control - Communication is the bedrock of global trade. Our role is to empower our customers through information & communication
- We ship for our customers - Every decision we make is with our customer at its core. We constantly ask ourselves, ‘will our clients benefit from this?’
- Better you + better me = better us - Our goal is to help you discover our professional vision and work together to fulfil your potential.
A fair chance
Every role in the Zencargo team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, you.More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope and intend) cultivates an environment of belonging. We open our doors to those who share these motivations.