About the job
As the UX Researcher, you’ll own the strategy, planning, and execution of uncovering physician, clinical staff, and patient computing challenges and future states to inspire solutions that transform the healthcare industry. In this role, you will represent the voice of the customer and be the chief advocate that relentlessly drives the customer perspective into the hearts and minds of the Altais organization and into all aspects of product and service delivery. As the voice of the customer, you will own journey mapping and the journey experiences for the physicians, clinical staff, and patients Altais serves. You will own relationships and all aspects of engagement for the purposes of conducting research, supporting design, and completing usability testing. This role will directly communicate with all levels of the organization and require the ability to clearly and simply translate research data into insightful findings and delivery to a wide array of business and technical stakeholders. You will own the creation of research as a capability along with determining the toolsets and processes that sustain the capability. In addition, you would have the opportunity to engage in market research and participate in technology evaluations. If this job description aligns with your passion and experience, we are excited to discuss this opportunity with you.
About The Work
- Advanced proficiency in evaluating user interactions and applying qualitative and quantitative data analysis to ambiguous and difficult learning scenarios in order to identify opportunities that improve the digital user experience. And translation of analysis into software design recommendations.
- Versed in behavioral economics. Highly curious about people and their behavior along with the analytical and organizational skills to interpret meaning and the ability to think outside the research to glean the true meaning of observable behaviors.
- Managing all phases of the research; Developing research strategies and plans, creating research hypothesis and protocols, engaging research participants, executing the research, deriving insightful interpretations and recommendations.
- Collaborating, influencing, and communicating across technical and business stakeholders at all levels of the organization to effectively influence product and service design from a customer perspective.
- Creatively solving complex research questions where direct observation or contact with users is not available and where achieving statistical significance is not feasible. And demonstrated experience utilizing published research and non-traditional research methodologies to provide confident design recommendations.
The Skills, Experience & Education You Bring
- 7 or more years of relevant experience in UX and research in healthcare or software development. The ideal candidate would have both healthcare and software development experience. Please present a current research portfolio.
- Bachelor degree or higher in a research related field emphasizing; UX/UI, healthcare, and or software development.
- Working knowledge of statistical models and employment of quantitative and qualitative testing measures for conducting user experience, product design and technology context.
- Ability to employ tools and technology to establish software analytics and data savvy to create meaningful insights, and data savvy to interpret and make design recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Inquisitive and passionate about software design and usability, and loves working with people.
- Strong team player that brings positive and high-level energy and is service oriented
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience with conducting ethnography studies and running usability sessions.
- Understanding the needs of disabled or partially disabled user types, such as people with poor or limited dexterity, color blindness, poor vision, cognitive and learning difficulties.
You Share Our Mission & Values
- You are passionate about improving the healthcare experience and want to be part of the Altais mission.
- You are bold and curious- willing to take risks, try new things and be creative.
- You take pride in your work and are accountable for the quality of everything you do, holding yourself and others to a high standard.
- You are compassionate and are known as someone who demonstrates emotional intelligence, considers others when making decisions and always tries to do the right thing.
- You co-create, knowing that we can be better as a team than individuals. You work well with others, collaborating and valuing diversity of thought and perspective.
- You build trust with your colleagues and customers by demonstrating that you are someone who values honesty and transparency.