About the job
Work is no longer a place. It’s what you do. And how you do it. More fluid, more flexible, powered by your imagination and by some amazing technology!
That’s where we come in. We’re Poly. We’re a global outfitter of pro-grade audio and video technology so that employees everywhere can look and sound their best from anywhere.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to bring professional audio and video meeting technology and services to everyone. Be a part of our journey!
We’re Poly. We make technology that powers human connection that simply works, then steps out of the way. We’re changing how the world communicates and collaborates. And we need you!
Poly is seeking a UX Researcher to join the User Experience team working on our hardware and software products. You will design and conduct usability testing on a variety of devices, primarily hardware such as headsets, video bars, desk phones, as well as a variety of software including embedded UI, mobile, desktop, and web experiences.
The position is based in Santa Cruz, California.
What You’ll Do
We perform various types of end-user research, whether it be in a controlled lab environment or a more natural setting. Primarily we focus on:
- Usability Testing, which helps to determine the appropriate interaction between the user and the product (in-person and remote)
- Contextual Inquiry and ethnography, used to identify product opportunities and to better understand our users
- Contribute to the development of hardware and software products by applying user-centered research and design methods (emphasis on hardware)
- Research and provide recommendations for ergonomics, usability of hardware products, and usability of software products
- Design studies, build test plans, facilitate user-testing, analyze results, present findings, and disseminate information effectively
- Communicate with and provide actionable recommendations to the cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with colleagues domestically and internationally
- Manage aspects of user testing processes including lab setup and maintenance, as well as recruiting and scheduling participants as needed (with support)
We’d Love To Hear From You If
- You are deeply curious regarding human behavior and product interaction
- You have an MS or BS in Human Factors and Ergonomics, HCI, Psychology, Research, Statistics, or related fields
- You can work autonomously but enjoy engaging with the team members to discuss and solve problems together
- You have experience with fast-paced applied research on software UI with proposals of actionable recommendations
- You have 3 or more years performing end-user research activities and have an understanding of research and scientific method process
- You prioritize the end-user as the most important stakeholder and are passionate about discovering and translating findings into the best end-user experiences possible while balancing the team’s requirements
- You believe that you have the ability to bridge the gap between research and execution among a highly diverse team, and possess strong collaboration skills with designers, engineers, and product managers
- You have an ability to see the context of the “big picture” while capable of deep diving on important local user issues
- You have a desire to engage process partners to learn their needs and discover how to optimally integrate the research findings
- You feel comfortable conducting usability tests independently
- You can juggle several ongoing research activities of various size and scope and determine where to spend your time and energy depending on schedule priorities
Thrive At Poly Because You Are Joining
- A global team, united by our innovative products, making an impact toward creating amazing new ways to hear, to see, to work, and to work together.
- A company who believes a distributed workforce is the present and the future. We leverage our great products, so employees can work in an environment that makes them most connected and productive, no matter where they are.
- People who are passionate about creating excellence – for our customers, and for each other. We’re in this adventure together!
Ready to help us power the many? Let’s go!
Poly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, accessibility needs, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
No matter where you’re based, you’ll experience a company that believes that teamwork and collaboration drive maximum impact, seeks well-rounded talent to focused on providing the best customer experience, and understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint. And, top of mind to us is continuously and purposefully building an inclusive culture that empowers all of our team members, across the globe, to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.