We’re making insurance radically better. How? By building insurance that’s fair and flexible.
Insurance is completely broken. It’s outdated, complicated, rigid – and we get it, insurance (as you know it) doesn’t sound very exciting. But we’re doing things differently. Using pretty cool technology, we’re making insurance way more fit for the 21st century, building products that actually solve problems.
We were the first company in the UK to sell hourly car insurance via an app. And we’re also the only insurance provider that provides in-app customer support with an average one minute response time. We’ve sold over 2 million policies and supported over 300,000 customers. We’re a strong, talented team of 80+ and growing.
Why work for Cuvva?
We don’t cut corners. We strive to do the right thing, even when that makes life more difficult for us.
We’ve nurtured an awesome team culture. We always speak up when we have an idea - but also know when to let go and get behind something else.
And we’re comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback, and trying new ways of doing things.
We’re building a diverse team from different backgrounds, outlooks and experiences. Everyone is given a fair chance of getting a role at Cuvva. Even if you secretly don’t love insurance, trust us, you’ll love what we’re building.
And if you need any adjustments or support when you’re applying at Cuvva, no worries. Just let us know.
About the role
What we're looking for
- Speedy execution, independent thinking, working under time pressure with little guidance
- Lead the plan and execution of different research projects that will help us to build new features or iterate on the existing ones
- Analyze various quantitative and qualitative user inputs and creating actionable insights for the various teams at Cuvva
- Ensure customer-centric approach to design and product development
- Empowering other teams at Cuvva to run own research projects and incorporate learnings to their decision making process
- Work closely with product teams to identify research initiatives
- Design hypotheses and lead studies that examine both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate actionable insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate product experiences
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Ability to ask, as well as answer product and user experience related questions
You’ll do great here if you have:
- Thorough knowledge of user-centered design, user research methods, iterative development processes, and usability principles
- Understanding of the strengths and limitations of different qualitative & qualitative research methods
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Learning Sciences, Statistics, Psychology, Social Science or any related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with remote testing methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts
As well as a competitive salary (Up to £50k, dependent on experience) and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- Professional development budget
- Health, WFH and wellbeing budget 🧘♂️
- 33 days of holiday a year (including public holidays 🌞)
- Increases to all allowances year on year
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Brand new MacBook 💻
- A day off to volunteer
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coaches, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health 🧠
- Salary sacrifice schemes for: electric bike hire & electric car lease!
- Hundreds of perks and discounts
- Lifeworks - Mental health tool & assistance programme
- Mates rates on your insurance
- Very flexible work from home or at the office arrangements 🏡
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the Cuvva team 💸
- Monthly team socials (we’ve done things like Dabbers bingo, an online wine tasting, and themed virtual pub quizzes) 🎤
- Office library full of great books 📚
- Season ticket loans 🚂
- Regular team lunches (even when we’re remote!)