About the job
At Softrams, we take pride in building & delivering human centered usable digital services for our users and stakeholders. We build small self-reliant teams and empower them to design, develop and deliver products with emphasizing end to end user experience.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Guiding the teams in delivering usable digital services to our customers & end users.
- UX Researcher should be compassionate and is able to assess user needs considering the functional, service and user experience to provide Human Centered solutions.
- Leading multiple user research meetings and thoroughly engaging with diverse set of people.
- Going above and beyond to make technology work for people by delivering end-to-end experience and reducing their burden.
- Experience in an Agile methodologies, leading agile sprint teams and using agile collaboration tools like Jira, confluence etc.
- Verifiable experience in planning and facilitating a range of research types from usability testing to exploratory discovery projects
- Must be able to exercise critical and rational thinking to identify alternate solution, strengths & weakness of each options, documenting and discussing them with stakeholders to inform decisions.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with technology product teams, including product managers, designers, and developers in research
- Problem-solving skills making tools and techniques work for projects, and adjusting when unexpected things go wrong
- Strong experience with quantitative methods such as surveys, tree testing, etc.
- Must have demonstrated experience in documenting complex usability and business problems in a simple & intuitive manner that others can understand.
- Must show appetite for active learning, embracing change and mentoring others in organization.
- Passionate, well organized & driven.
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Axure, Balsamiq, Invision,
- Knowledge of Healthcare domain and accessibility requirements.
Some of the day to day activities will include but not limited to,
- Working with multiple teams in building large and complex products using small & incremental delivery
- Planning and facilitating feedback sessions based on product team’s questions and goals
- Collaborating with between researchers, product team members, and stakeholders
- Planning strategy for outreach to participants to elicit feedback.
- Prioritizing research projects based on team needs and goals, balancing research team capacity.
- Participating as a stakeholder / user in product development for in-house user research management system.
- Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
- Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
- Vacation & Sick leaves
- Remote work option - 1-2 days/week
- Post-Covid, the candidate must be able to work onsite in our office in Baltimore, MD for 3 days per week and rest of the days can be work from home.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area ( http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ )