About the job
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
You’ll work on the Frontline Technology Strategy User Experience (UX) team which is responsible for conceptualizing and designing UX for employee-facing software applications. You’ll partner with other units across the bank to build complicated banking systems impacting 5,000+ employees who use these systems daily. You’ll lead projects, delivering an excellent end-user experience by executing user-centred design thinking and methodologies while integrating corporate brand standards as well as international accessibility guidelines. Whether fixing a defect or building new functionality, you’ll present design recommendations to your agile pod members and stakeholders and sometimes to senior management for sponsorship support.
How You’ll Succeed
- Research Design – Work with stakeholders, designers, scrum masters to pick the right type of study to support projects, taking into account timing of deliverables, information/tools available, project importance/sensitivity, budget, and impact.
- Collaborate - You’ll work closely with a multidisciplinary team and use a mixed-method approach to research and design to develop experiences for our clients and employees. You’ll build strong relationships with stakeholders to help them set a vision for projects, including framing the problems to be solved and defining criteria for project success. You’ll work effectively within constraints, understanding the broader organizational context but also being ready to challenge it when necessary.
- Research and Present – Plan and execute research studies, develop Personas, facilitate discovery sessions, conduct interviews and analyze qualitative and quantitative data. You’ll analyze and translate research data into meaningful insights and powerful stories using artifacts such as customer journey maps, videos and storyboards, executive memos, compelling reports, and townhall presentations that explain unmet needs and present opportunities for change.
- Teamwork– Promote both user-centred and client-centred designs to project peers in a collaborative way.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 2 years of hands-on design research experience
- You have a degree/diploma in design and research such as Behavioural Science, Inclusive Design, Data Science Industrial Design, Business, Information Studies, Cognitive Psychology, Product Design or related fields.
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need To Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
130 Adelaide St W 4th Fl