About the job
Smart homes make life easier, more convenient, helps you keep a pulse on your home, and even save you money. Customers love using Alexa to interact with their homes through natural voice commands and intuitive interfaces. The Alexa Smart Home team is focused on evolving Alexa into an intelligent companion to deliver on the promise of a smart home.
A day in the life
Our team is looking for a UX Researcher who will use their knowledge of User Experience to collaborate with teammates on fast-paced projects focused squarely on impacting our users of Alexa Smart Home services. You will have a chance to exercise a broad range of skills in user research, product research, and design research methodology. This includes practicing your understanding of qualitative and quantitative research concepts. You will work with minimal direction to quickly deliver high-quality outputs. Our team works on a variety of overlapping products, so you'll have a chance to work on a breadth of research projects. Most importantly, you'll be helping to translate uncertainty and ambiguity into actionable recommendations.
About The Hiring Group
The Alexa Smart Home team is seeking a UX Researcher who is innovative and highly motivated to join our team. Our research work includes generative, formative, and evaluative studies. It ranges from immersive field research to rigorous usability and lab studies to address research needs for all phases of design and product development.
- Create a deep understanding and empathy for our target customers through a diverse research program.
- Work closely with product and design teams to identify research questions, build a research plan that will answer them, and communicate the insights to shape the user experiences of Alexa products and capabilities.
- Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Understand different data types from different sources and perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, engineering, and marketing to communicate results and recommendations, and advocate on behalf of our customers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of the research process and research methods (e.g., surveys and questionnaire design, personas, lab studies, diary studies, and other methods).
- Understanding of experimental design, common data analytic techniques, and effective ways to visualize data.
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
- Understanding of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
- Experience working across functional teams like engineering, merchandising, design, marketing, finance, and operations to deliver successful outcomes.
- Experience working through problems, troubleshooting issues independently, and driving them to closure with minimal supervision.
- Clear written and verbal communications to all levels of the organization and with external candidate.
- Team player, solid work ethic, willing to pitch in where needed
- Customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations.
- Graduate degree in Human-computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar.
- A portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g., study plans, reports).
- The ability to understand, analyze and interpret complicated data.
- The ability to create effective reports and to leverage tools that derive insights from user data.
- Experience in multi-modal, natural user interaction systems design research.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail; the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and in dealing with ambiguity.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1574255