About the job
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a UX Researcher on a contract basis to help support our Customers’ business needs. Strong candidates will demonstrate a rigorous, mixed-methods approach to understand user needs and usability issues. We value UX researchers with experience in formative and summative research methods. In the formative phase, the UX researcher will work closely with a multidisciplinary team, to turn insights from empirical data into the actionable and measurable improvements in the interactive experience. During the summative evaluations, the UX researcher will rigorously design and conduct user studies that measure the experiential outcomes with a well-chosen method that fits with the research question. The UX researcher will need to design and conduct the study according to different phases of development and the research questions asked at that phase. In addition, the UX researcher may need to adapt existing research tools or create new research tools, such as surveys, that are tailored for a specific research context, and validate the tool in the context.
What You’ll Do
- Design and conduct iterative user testings to improve the quality of the prototype
- Design and conduct user research and analysis across key AR/VR experiential factors such as input & feedback, privacy & security, efficiency, error rate, agency, cognitive load, usability, etc.
- Distill the actionable improvements from empirical data and communicate them with the design and development teams
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary partners (e.g. machine learning, design, HCI, software etc.)
- Adapt existing tools, or create a new tool that fits with the specific research context based on the literature review (e.g. customizing a survey)
- Experience with formative and summative UX methodologies at different phases of the development cycle
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative user study and data analysis methods
- Experience working as the primary investigator on a project
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Experience with data and utilizing numbers to define and support hypotheses
- Experience in handling the ambiguities of the research projects
- Experience with AR/VR technologies and user studies
- Experience with AI projects, understand the basic terminologies of AI.
- Experience shipping consumer devices, including wearable technologies and AI assistant technologies
- Experience with crowd-source user testing methods (e.g. mTurk)
- Experience with storytelling to get traction with various audience
- MS or PhD in a human behavior related field, such as human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, information science, media studies, computer science, or economics
Hours & Location:
- M-F, 40 hours/week. This position will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s Redmond, WA office once it is deemed safe to do so.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)