About the job
Sonsoft , Inc. is a USA based corporation duly organized under the laws of the Commonwealth of Georgia. Sonsoft Inc. is growing at a steady pace specializing in the fields of Software Development, Software Consultancy and Information Technology Enabled Services.
- Assumes overall responsibility for research methodologies that are leveraged and incorporated throughout the Software Development Lifecycle ensuring end-user participation in an iterative manner.
- Follows processes and best practices of UCD and Research and contributes to the communication and establishment of UCD processes across projects.
- Works with internal and external customers (Marketing, Service Technology, end-users and domain experts) to analyze user and business needs
- Conducts usability tests, card sorts, surveys, focus groups, interviews, task analysis, field and crowd sourcing user research.
- Identifies the appropriate user experience research methods/activities for each project, and is responsible for designing, planning, implementing and communicating the results of these studies to the project teams.
- Provide input to the User Interface design of applications based upon research findings.
- Work collaboratively with UX team members, Development teams, Product Owners, Users, and other stakeholders as part of an agile software development process
- Leverage User Experience research and analysis techniques to evaluate product requirements, user interface designs, and product modules or functional areas
- Participate in the development of schedules by providing estimates regarding individual research tasks. Assist management in project tracking by providing regular, comprehensive status reports and/or project plans.
- Acts as an internal UX Research consultant providing business and technical guidance on user experience to Development, Product Management and other stakeholders
- Proficient at planning for, recruiting, designing, and moderating research activities
- Capable to scoping research projects and determining appropriate qual/quant methods
- Experience conducting research throughout an agile software development process.
- Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in a field such as Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Engineering Psychology, Computer Science, Technical Communication, or Information Design
- 5+ years of UX research experience in software or web product development
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in User Research, working successfully with project teams to drive results into design and development throughout the project lifecycle.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (including study plans, reports).
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
- Hands-on experience with the following methods: lab-based user testing, remote testing, field research, and survey design.
- Experience in mobile or device-specific user research.
- Experience in instructional design.
- Masters or PhD degree in Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Technical Communication, Human Computer Interaction, or related field.
U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time
- Type: Contract
- Function: Information Technology