About the job
Experienced User Researcher
ING's Wholesale Bank Advanced Analytics (WBAA) creates innovative new products and services that enable ING to learn quickly and improve our customer's experience around the globe. Being amongst an exciting set of diverse disciplines and talented colleagues we work together to define ING's new future by leveraging AI areas, such as Machine Learning, to deliver delightful experiences. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across ING!
We are looking for an experienced User Researcher to join our design chapter in Advanced Analytics which owns ING's world-class Data Analytics Platform. As a User Researcher you will help WBAA understand our customers for external products and internal products that make us more data-informed. You will build a deep understanding of our users' needs, goals and workflows, turning qualitative and quantitative user research into insights, opportunities and deliverables which will shape the future of ING. Together with your teammates, you will ensure we are building a platform that empowers everyone at ING to make rapid, data-informed, empathic decisions. Next to that, you will be part of a group of amazing frontrunners with a mission to make research an integral part of ING's product development worldwide.
What you'll do;
- Work closely with a cross-functional, geographically distributed team of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers across Romania, Poland, England and The Netherlands.
- Define, plan, and conduct exploratory user research, including supporting the work of product managers eager to learn about research in a B2B setting.
- Apply rigorous analysis to understand and document complex workflows and processes.
- Deliver compelling insights, stories and deliverables to help drive evidence-based product and design decisions.
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice and contribute to the wider research community at ING.
- Work a few days per week from our brand new head office in Amsterdam (With the current situation regarding COVID-19, this role will be remote until it's appropriate to work from the office).
Who are you;
- Have a curious mindset, you're collaborative and have an endless drive to improve yourself and others.
- Have proven experience in user research, with expertise in exploratory qualitative research to identify needs and problems, and workflow and task analysis.
- Hold a degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field, and/or relevant professional experience.
- Embrace innovative environments which are based on uncertainty where you need to find evidence for validating problems and solutions
- Are comfortable with planning, prioritizing, conducting, analyzing and communicating research individually in a variety of contexts.
- Familiar with various qualitative research methods, utilizing metrics and able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative data.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to easily connect with your colleagues in product, tech, business and design.
- A dedicated advocate of a user-centered, evidence-based approach to product development, while focusing on business outcomes.
What do we offer
- A good salary;
- Benefits like a 13th month
- Healthy food and delicious coffees every day;
- The opportunity to excel in what you do and become better every day;
- A dynamic and international working environment.
Are you interested?
Then apply directly online! We are looking forward to meet you
For more information on vacancies please check www.ING.nl/carriere