As a UX Researcher on the product design team, you will play a critical role in driving product decisions and shape user experience strategy. You’ll partner closely with Product Managers and Product Designers to define research needs based on the roadmap, identify opportunities, and uncover the real problem to solve. You will help Tulip develop a deeper understanding of our users and improve our product experience. Through our partnership with Apple, you will get opportunities to collaborate with the Apple design team.
What you will do:
- Partner closely with product designers and product managers to identify research needs
- Plan and facilitate studies across important product areas, using methods such as field research, stakeholder and user interviews, surveys, user testing, ideation workshops, journey mapping and any other methods you find impactful
- Balance both agile and strategic research methods to influence product direction and overall user experience
- Synthesis findings into actionable insights and present learnings and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Work with other functions such as marketing, customer success, and analytics to contextualize user research findings
- Own the research repository and continuously improve Tulip’s research process
- Advocate and teach other disciplines about the process and value of research
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience in a UX researcher role on a product team
- Degree in Design, User Research, Human-Computer Interaction, Ethnography, Cognitive psychology or equivalent
- Experience with SaaS, B2B or other complex technical systems
- Proven experience in applying diverse research methodologies from ethnography, field studies, stakeholder and user interviews to usability studies, concept validation, user journey mapping, surveys, and competitive analysis
- Passion for complexity and translating intricate user needs into a delightful product
- Deep analytical and synthesis skills with a proven ability to turn research results into actionable product insights
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills. Confidence in discussing your research findings and process
- UX design and wireframing
- Experience in retail (understand store associate tasks, work workflows and how it links to business performance)
- Familiar with Figma and Sketch
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.