Position DescriptionRole: UX Researcher Associate
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Duration: ASAP for 6 months
We're looking for a meticulous User Experience Researcher with excellent communication skills who can work as part of a cross functional team (designer, product manager and engineer). Most of the work will take place during regular business hours. The position is a contract role for a duration of 6 months.
- Plan, conduct and analyze qualitative research on multiple aspects of the users experience in close collaboration with the designer, product manager and engineering lead of the effort. This includes applying different research methods -e.g. usability studies, competitive analysis, survey studies, heuristic analysis, writing literature reviews…
- Understand and incorporate business requirements into the research plan.
- Work with recruiters to recruit the right research participants and to schedule study sessions. Set up the usability lab, equipment for remote studies, and product prototypes.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Present research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations. This includes creating slide decks in Apps, creating graphs, and basic video editing.
- Work with other senior researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- 5+ years experience in user research in an applied research setting.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Examples of excellent teamwork skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work with minimal supervision on a variety of tasks.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to quickly changing schedules and different projects.
- Can distill actionable insights from complex research findings so that nonresearchers can act on them.
- A graduate degree in Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Computer Science, or Social Sciences.
- Previous experience as a user experience researcher in the software development environment.
- Project management skills related to planning, allocating time, and communicating.
- Basic working knowledge of statistics.
- Familiarity with quality of experience assessment for audio and/or video.
- Familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools.