Redfin’s mission is to redefine real estate in the consumer’s favor. We're changing the $75 billion real estate industry by making it easier, faster, less stressful, and more affordable to buy or sell your home. At the core of our strategy is understanding what consumers and Redfin's agents need, and then building elegant software to support them.
As a User Experience Researcher for Customer Growth, you'll advocate for the user in a team working to design experiences that drive demand for our real estate services. You are skilled in qualitative research and user-centered design methods, from planning to execution and delivery. You are not just excited to evaluate experiences - you have an insatiable desire to learn about people and improve user experiences from beginning to end. Our approaches include both formative and evaluative research, and we apply a variety of methodologies that bring great insights. We work closely with Design and Product Management. You thrive in collaborative and diverse environments. You balance your creativity with pragmatic approaches. You enjoy both breadth and depth. And you want to make a positive difference.
- Plan and execute a variety of efforts, from discovery interviews to email surveys to card sorting
- Generate UX goals and research questions
- Efficiently analyze qualitative data, and in some cases quantitative data
- Discover new and interesting data-driven user and product insights
- Apply insights to improve our products and services
Who You Are
- Completed a degree in Human Centered Design and Research, Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, or related fields
- 2+ years industry experience as a User Experience Researcher, Design Researcher and/or Information Architect
- Passion for leveraging qualitative research to identify and solve user problems
- Strong partnership skills that allow you to collaborate with our product managers, engineers and business executives
- UX writing interest is a plus
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation with a salary, bonuses, and stock grants
- Generous benefits, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, fully paid family leave, commuter benefits, and 401(K)
- Smart and fun teammates with a management team invested in your growth and success
- A great work environment in our downtown office with free food and snacks, happy hours, game nights, and hackathons
- Note that all teams are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 - This position will be based at our San Francisco office once it is safe to work on-site.
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.