TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
The Monetization Office is the strategy & operations team at TikTok. It provides strategic support to multiple business lines and helps these businesses grow sustainably. We are committed to becoming the most trustworthy strategy partner of business teams, empowering business growth at different stages of development.
TikTok is home to a new kind of shopping culture. Community Commerce blends community, entertainment, and shopping that makes product discovery so unique on TikTok. The TikTok community is having a catalytic and culture-defining impact on modern retail. We are looking for passionate and talented people to join our ecommerce research team.
In this role, you will:- Work closely with cross-functional leads to deeply understand the needs of E-commerce consumers, merchants, and influencers in the North American market and other global markets- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify the key research questions that will help shape the E-commerce product strategy in different markets- Identify and create the best research methods based on the question, timeline, and resourcing- Design and implement research, synthesize findings into practical and impactful insights to help stakeholders make decisions- Measure and track how product changes affect user behaviors and attitudes over time across different markets, reveal the key reasons with solid data rationale- Initiate foundational research and gather insights from relevant industries to help stakeholders explore the possible solutions to challenging long-term product questions
- More than 1 year of experience working in UX research, preferably in the ecommerce/tech industry
- Bachelor's degree or above in Psychology, Statistics, Sociology, Marketing Research, Economics, International Trade, or other related fields
- Experience using both qualitative and quantitative research methods, such as: usability studies (remote/in lab), focus groups, interviews, concept tests, diary studies, surveys, data analysis, A/B testing, etc.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and take initiative to solve problems and learn new things- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast paced environment- Great written and spoken communication skills to influence product partners and major company decisions
- Ability to analyze large sample data with statistic tools, such as SQL, Python, R, SPSS
- Experience or knowledge of advanced quantitative analysis methods and statistics, such as factor analysis, regression analysis, ANOVA, T-test, chi-square, etc.
- Fluency in Chinese is a plus as you will be collaborating with stakeholders across multiple regions
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too. TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at USRC@tiktok.com