What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators and listeners who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
SoundCloud is looking for a User Experience / Design Researcher to join our team in Berlin. Working with a world-class design team, you’ll be responsible for developing a deep understanding of how users interact with our products. You’ll be an advocate for user-centricity and use an empathetic and analytical approach to inspire our design, product, engineering and insight teams to make new and existing product experiences remarkable.
- Work closely with the Product and Design teams on a daily basis to determine best opportunities for high-impact tactical research in agile and iterative cycles
- Construct and conduct user experience/design research studies utilizing various qualitative and quantitative methods
- Maintain and support SoundCloud’s various user research methods and programs, including in-house and remote moderated and unmoderated user
- Work closely with the Insight team
- Seek creative ways to report and communicate research findings (both written and oral)
- Make actionable design recommendations and help drive product, design and strategic decisions
- Develop and work toward a roadmap, serving as your own steward of your time
- Serve as a user advocate within SoundCloud and help evangelize a user-centered perspective across the company
- 3+ years of experience as a User Experience / Design Researcher
- Graduate degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Anthropology, or related field (preferred but not mandatory)
- Experience conducting user experience / design research for a wide range of experiences and devices (including mobile)
- Experience working with both quantitative and qualitative data in relation to design research with knowledge in knowing when to apply those methods
- Experience handling multiple concurrent studies while proactively seeking research opportunities and consulting with various stakeholders
- Team player, amazing communication skills, passion for user experience and design research, user advocate
It would be great if you have:
- Experience working in startup and/or agile environments
- Design skills/knowledge
- Web analytics experience
- A passion for and knowledge of music & music culture
If you are excited by the opportunity to directly impact the daily experience and happiness of millions of people around the world, giving them the power to share and connect through music, we’d love to hear from you.
- We’re international! We operate in the US, Berlin and London and all of our communication is in English. We have a flexible, friendly and inclusive office environment in Mitte
- Our environment is a learning one, with specific focus on development, including a professional development allowance
- Not located in Berlin? No worries, we offer extensive relocation support including allowances, one way flights, temporary accommodation and, by partnering with experts, on the ground support on arrival.
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and wellness benefit!
- We offer free German courses at beginning, intermediate and advanced levels.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
“SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organisation; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute”