Support HeidelbergCement on its way to become a leader in the digitalized concrete, cement and aggregates business!
We are looking for an experienced and passionate user researcher who is laser focused on uncovering latent user needs.
The HeidelbergCement Digital initiatives are set to create the best digital experience for our customers. We want to create real value for our customers by applying cutting-edge technologies to our core business lines. We know that to be successful, we need to put our end users in the center of product development. Our customers increasingly want to engage with us through non-traditional, digital channels and we want to provide them with a great experience. This requires a deep understanding of the end user’s needs and a relentless drive to meet them. Our benchmark is not our competition; our benchmarks are Amazon and Uber.
As a UX Researcher, you will be part of a product team and be solely responsible to plan, manage and execute the entire e2e research. Depending on the state of the product, you will be applying various user-centered design thinking techniques to bring the product teams closer to the users, personas and outcomes that are packages in a ‘Jobs-To-Be-Done’-like fashion. As part of a high-performing team, you will work closely with Product Owner, Business Analysts, Solution Owners and Development Teams to shape key experiences, build a consistent narrative across various digital initiatives, and ultimately build trust across all touch points with our end users.
You will be a part of the UX & Analytics team, and work in an embedded fashion with a digital product team in HeidelbergCement. You will report to our Global Head of UX and Analytics.
Your next challenge
- Create a strong understanding of the user and their context of use by conducting qualitative user research.
- Plan and execute on strategic research plan that is set to unpack globally scalable digital use cases.
- Conduct qualitative user research (e.g. usability study, contextual interview etc.) by visiting sites or through remote interviewing mediums (MS Teams, Zoom etc.).
- Work in close partnership with the UX Designer to come up with a holistic research+design plan.
- Run sense-making sessions with the working team and package insights in ‘CEO-ready’ presentations.
- Coach and empower the product teams in user-centered design thinking tools and techniques.
- Design and develop user personas and customer journey.
- Conduct and/or participate in design sprints and co-creation sessions.
- Present user research to the working teams and key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with UX researchers beyond the working teams to create a shared knowledgebase.
- Approach your work with a global mindset, advocate for user-centricity.
- Be a champion for all-things UX.
- Bachelor's / Master's studies in the field of design, human-computer interaction (HCI), anthropology, psychology or related field of studies.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a UX researcher, service designer or similar role.
- Proven expertise in planning, execution and distribution of user research.
- Proficiency in various formative and summative user research methods such as contextual interviews, usability studies, focus groups etc.
- Expertise in UX heuristics and best practices.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present research outcomes to colleagues, partners, stakeholders and especially to senior executives.
- Familiarity with UX design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe suite etc.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in English and in German.