About the job
UX Researcher, Lead
Why join AliveCor
As a trailblazing innovator in digital health, AliveCor is affecting measurable, positive change in people’s lives, while revolutionizing the industry. We were named by Fast Company as the #1 company in artificial intelligence in 2018.
Heart disease kills more people than anything else in the western world (including all cancers combined). Using our beautiful, FDA-cleared medical grade hardware and software, 1M+ users have taken over 100+ million EKGs and counting.
Our people are attracted to AliveCor because they want to accomplish something meaningful. Every single day, some of our customers tell us that we’ve literally saved their lives.
AliveCor is seeking an empathetic user researcher who is a big-picture thinker with a talent for distilling insights from users into a plan of action for the business. As a UX Researcher on the user experience team, you will be tasked with promoting understanding and empathy around user needs for the business. You will do so by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like field visits, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and data analysis. You will provide insights about our users, identify and research target audiences and markets, and use data analytics to draw insights from user behavior.
You will have the opportunity to devise and drive user research projects for enterprise and consumer service applications for both mobile and web experiences. You will be responsible for providing thought leadership, and structured mentorship for a growing cross-functional team.
We’re a small company with a big vision--we’re looking for someone who:
- Is big-picture thinker with a bias to action
- Has grit and meets challenges head-on
- Thrives working with cross-functional teams on multiple projects
- Is excited about emerging technology
- Loves solving complex user problems with simple solutions built with intent and impact
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize research questions.
- Distill research questions into thorough and efficient research plans.
- Plan, conduct, and analyze research using a variety of methodologies such as ethnographic/field research, information architecture studies, surveys, and remote & in-person user/usability testing.
- Collect feedback across a wide range of areas, including software products, hardware products, and general brand and public perception.
- Recruit and schedule representative panels of participants.
- Moderate unbiased, candid, and insightful interviews.
- Synthesize large amounts of qualitative data into clear learnings with compelling evidence.
- Devise, drive, and deliver a robust and inclusive user experience research strategy
- Manage multiple on-going research projects
- Recruitment, hiring, and management of UX Researchers to scale the research efforts
- Offer support and empower other members of the UX team to perform and execute research activities
Skills & Requirements
- You exhibit strong product and design thinking. You understand what's important to focus on throughout your research and analysis.
- You're strategic. You understand AliveCor's mission and what makes us unique in the eyes of our customers and this informs your research plan.
- You have deep customer empathy. You have a strong desire to understand users and figure out how we can make their lives better. You enjoy being the voice of the user.
- You have a strong design sense. You have the ability to create prototypes, run usability tests, and funnel learnings back into design iterations. Ideally, you have end-to-end design skills.
- You're approachable. Users feel at ease sharing their candid thoughts with you in interviews.
- You're structured and detail-oriented. You start with the goal and plan backwards, making sure your research thoroughly and efficiently achieves the original goal. You can structure large amounts of qualitative data in a logical manner.
- You're experienced. 5+ years industry experience conducting user research on software experiences (bonus if you've also worked on connected hardware or medical products).
Please include a link to your portfolio or samples of recent work if available.
AliveCor is located in Mountain View, CA. We are close to Caltrain and supply car and bike parking for employees. We strive to make your life outside work as smooth as possible while you’re at work, and we offer a long list of benefits to make that happen.
- 401(k) Matching
- Competitive salary and competitive stock options
- Flexible and generous vacation policy
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Employee 100% covered for medical, dental and vision
- Mobile reimbursement
- Stocked kitchen + weekly catered lunches
- A supportive, collaborative group of people who understand that success depends on the team
AliveCor is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.