Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
As UX Researcher at the Design Hub of METRO digital you are the evangelist of our users – be it customers or employees. You help product teams to transform research insights into action to continously improve the experience of our software products and services.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/design-hub/
Your new challenges:
- Full responsibility of planning and conducting user research: You develop a product-specific research roadmap in coordination with product teams and internal stakeholders. You manage any needed external agencies or service providers, and schedule research measures including external or internal recruitment of suitable study participants.
- Implementation of research: You setup usability tests both onsite and remote. The moderation of discovery workshops or design sprints with product teams and other stakeholders is also in your hand. Furthermore you ensure a consistent and continued usage of standardized UX metrics/questionnaires.
- Evaluation and presentation: You analyse and provide research insights in a timely and appropriate form in line with agile product development. Also important: to ensure a unified and standardized knowledge sharing.
- Training & Enablement: You transfer your own UX research expertise in a suitable form to UX professionals with other specializations as well as to other colleagues in the organization.
You are a great fit:
- Strong team player: You are highly flexible when it comes to cross-team collaboration and adapt your ways of working if necessary, in order to reach a valuable outcome in time. Your feeling for the right tone at the right time also helps you to communicate critical research findings convincingly.
- Advocate for the user: You show big empathy for users and collect needs by actively listening. Important mentality: make use of data as much as possible instead of subjective statements (better to say “I don’t know yet”).
- Profound knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods: This for example includes contextual inquiry, expert reviews incl. integration of usability heuristics, quantitative (online) surveys, competitor analysis and desk research. Also planning and implementation of user interviews is your daily job.
That's why it's worth getting started:
- You will be in the driver seat to define a user research roadmap together with the product owner and UX designers of a solution and are empowered to run research self responsibly.
- You will actively shape and contribute to the global user research strategy together with other UX researchers and the service owner UX research.
- You will be part of a international UX community of over 30 colleagues.
Our general benefits:
- Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options. In addition, there are also childcare options in our METRO kindergartens.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
- Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.