Job Summary & Mission:
The UX Researcher Manager leads a team that champions the needs and goals of customers and baristas across various Starbucks digital platforms including web, mobile and POS. You are knowledgeable on a variety of research methodologies and can lead a team that leverages those methodologies to study user behavior on digital platforms. You should be familiar with all aspects of the product development lifecycle including up-front research and discovery, definition, and analysis of requirements. You and your team must be a trusted, strategic partner to product and business stakeholders by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value. To this end, you will be required to articulate research findings to design, engineering, product leadership, and business stakeholders and be a strong advocate for the role of research.
This role is an opportunity to work on an exceptionally high performing UX design and research team in a very supportive and positive environment.
Digital Products at Starbucks
Every morning, tens of millions of people enjoy drinks and food at Starbucks. Our digital products are transforming our customer and barista experiences in big ways. The quality of this experience in a digital context depends on great UX design and research and the opportunity to innovate at a truly global scale is huge.
- Lead and direct a team of researchers focused on customer and barista-facing features and clearly communicate rationale and background for your team’s work.
- Serve as a mentor and leader to a team of researchers, supporting their growth and development.
- Ability to influence and articulate the value and function of UX research to a variety of audiences.
- Dive deep into both qualitative and quantitative data to bring forward new insights that generate product innovations.
- Direct in-lab, remote, and field studies evaluating products and prototypes.
- Proactively involve designers, engineers and product managers in the research process.
- Lead and direct research that allows internal stakeholders to be actively involved and gain empathy for the user.
- Build relationships with leaders outside of Digital Products, educating them and guiding them along in the process of shipping great experiences for our customers.
- Keen eye for and focus on impact as well as ability to help develop baseline client insights.
- 8+ years of UX professional research experience.
- 3 years of experience managing research teams.
- Proficient leading the end-to-end research process for both exploratory and evaluative studies
- Demonstrated experience creating new test methods/setups to address the needs of unusual/challenging tests.
- Deep experience observing users discover, consider, evaluate and shop online and in store.
- Keen ability to empathize with end-users and understand how their needs impact key decisions.
- Extensive experience planning for, recruiting, designing, and moderating research activities.
- Communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.