My Online Therapy (MyOT) is the UK's first online face-to-face therapy clinic. We’re on a mission to make therapy accessible. By providing on-the-spot access to first class psychologists in multiple different ways, alongside digital psychological and educational tools, we want to put the power of change back into each and every person’s hands. We enable people to become the best version of themselves so that they can build a life with greater meaning, fulfilment and purpose. With month-on-month growth in bookings and users, a spot on the prestigious Startup100 list and multiple successful partnerships with companies such as Vitality and Superdrug, we are fast becoming a household name in the online Mental Health space.
With over 80 psychologists now on our books, thousands of active users, multiple platforms and several different verticals it is more important than ever to build new products or iterate on existing ones with as much user insight as possible. This is why we are seeking an enthusiastic UX Researcher to join our small-but-growing Product and Design Team, who you'll be working closely with, helping aid design decisions and adding your insight to influence the structure of the road map.
We are a research driven team, all the way from ideation to final prototypes, and we like to constantly test with real users along the way. The ideal candidate will enjoy autonomy within a trusting team, and will be excited by the prospect of gathering and analysing user insights, utilising their solid grasp of multiple research methods (both qualitative and quantitative). You'll write and run user testing sessions, run focus groups and conduct customer discovery interviews. You'll know when to apply a certain method and will be comfortable observing interactions in as natural a way as possible, figuring out what our clients need even when they're not on their devices. You'll be able to articulate your findings well, and create digestible insights which can be interpreted easily by other members of the company. You'll decide how much research each project needs, keeping in mind the business goals and their constraints.
The candidate will be able to ask questions to learn and grow from senior members of the team, who are always open to collaboration and to hearing how current processes can be improved. You'll also share and work with other members of different teams across the company to achieve your goals, feeding them digestible insights as and when you think necessary.
UX Researcher Responsibilities
- Create proto-personas for clients across the company spectrum: Psychologists, clients and Self-care subscribers as a base for your research
- Research problems across web and native apps for both clients and our clinical psychologists
- Run research projects independently, from planning, conducting, reporting and finally delivery to key stakeholders
- Source research participants for diary studies, customer discovery conversations, user testing sessions, focus groups and more
- Support the Product and Design Team in validating or invalidating problem statements
- Provide insights to influence the direction of the road map
- Generate hypotheses that sow the seeds for Product innovation
- Introduce and work with a suite of research tools and platforms to aid your research
- Run and analyse A/B tests, and mix - where appropriate - with qualitative data to identify key insights
- Discover client pain points to aid iteration on current features and products
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a multi-disciplined Product and Design team
We are a fast-paced but understanding and patient team who believe in getting things done. We are constantly learning, no matter the experience level, and strive for the best possible product we can muster. If this sounds like you, then we'd love to hear from you.
- 3+ years of UX Research professional experience, preferably in a startup environment, but not essential
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Confident and persuasive when backing up your research to the right people at the right time
- Experience writing and running focus groups, diary studies, user testing sessions
- Strong base of UX principles and research methodologies
- Experience conducting research both in the field and remotely
- Experience in writing research roadmaps to inform the company of research strategy
- Mature judgement on what research methods to execute and how much resource to use
- High levels of empathy for clients needs and wellbeing - this is especially important when interviewing customers who are in therapy with us
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for learning new techniques, programmes and processes
- Self-starter willing to own a certain level of autonomy
- Excitement to be part of a growing team, and build scaling products to reach millions of users in multiple countries
- Basic knowledge of design principles
- A passion for doing good in the mental health space (nice-to-have!)
- A degree in either one of Psychology, Anthropology, Human-computer Interaction, Information science is a bonus
- Not a remote position (but is remote during national lockdowns)
Working at MyOT has many amazing benefits:
- Competitive salary with yearly pay review
- Become our first UX Researcher - set the standard and pave the way for others!
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Choose your own equipment and setup
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts or late finishes
- Mental health - we obviously take this seriously! You will have access to all our educational content and an employee assistance programme if required
- 1-year Self-care subscription and 4 vouchers for friends and family
- Input into a rapidly growing and ambitious business from the ground-up
- Training budget
Note: we’re an inclusive bunch at MyOT and we believe in equal opportunities.