Ruby Labs is a leading tech company that operates subscription-based consumer products in the self-help and wellness market.
Our common vision is to create a tech company that builds a world-class self-help and wellness platform, to empower people to make self-care a way of life. A platform that is easily accessible for everyone and enjoyed for years. Since our launch, we've brought two successful products to the global market: Able and Hint, and are on track to launch a third in 2022.
We are looking for a talented, empathetic, organized, and critical thinking UX Researcher to enhance our Product’s digital flow with high-quality user-oriented design solutions.
As a UX Researcher, you will play a critical part in the Design Thinking process by driving the complete research process, running user tests, identifying UI/UX patterns or other product improvements, while collaborating closely with cross-functional counterparts from Product Management and Product Design teams. You should love having your hands on the pulse of user needs and goals, with a passion for observing behavior and synthesizing insights into product design.
- Partner with design, product, and marketing colleagues to understand business needs and design appropriate research studies to generate focused insights
- Understand user's problems and challenges by applying various research methods and approaches (quantitative and qualitative)
- Design and conduct user research studies, including surveys, field studies, user tests, and concept/prototype testing
- Deliver research findings reports with strong recommendations
- Use industry techniques like personas, JTBD framework, journey maps, diagramming, etc
- Collate all findings and communicate them to all key stakeholders ( UX/UI designers, PMs, etc) in a clear and actionable way
- Be proactive in product improvements and identify new product ideas and opportunities
- Synthesize and extract insights from data to identify a possible pain point in the user experience that can be turned into research topics
- Degree in either Psychology, Cognitive Science, IT - Computer Science, Human Factors, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, a related field – or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience within User Experience Research, applied research setting, and/or product research and development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to justify design decisions and articulate alternative design approaches;
- Skill to conduct and prepare research; Wrap it up as simple to read & understand document; Present he/her’s finding with a larger group.
- Experience with a variety of qualitative and/or quantitative testing methods, which may include interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, statistical modeling, and diary studies.
Nice to have
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Design thinking methods, co-design sessions, and facilitation skills.
- Strong interest in social and entertainment apps, user and influencer behavior, and associated trends.
- Top of the market salary and equity
- High talent density
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible working hours
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with products that focus on making self-care a way of life
- And much more!
You will be joining a strong team of >100 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions... which is where you come in.We are a remote-first company, and our team is distributed across the UK and Europe. This was a deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and ensure we can accommodate the best people whilst fostering diversity.
Ruby Labs is founded on values we all share and are ready to stand for. They bring us together well beyond our current products and technologies.
We believe in knowledge and continuously champion learning and experimentation. As we are relentlessly driven by data, we place value on rationality and real insights, not unproven beliefs.
We praise smart innovation. We’re inquisitive, exact and always challenge our beliefs. Like a researcher, we take established knowledge and add something new. We create something better than the original, not just different.
In an industry where only the best products succeed, prioritizing our work is a must. We don’t waste time on low-key projects. We only go after the most disruptive, effective and exceptional ideas.
To get the best results, you need to see the full picture. That’s why our team has access to all information and is involved in key decisions. We also give each other honest feedback, so we can learn and improve.
Self-help & wellness is a competitive industry with demanding users. Excellence is a necessity. At Ruby Labs, this means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning quickly and delivering superior execution.
We’re open to experiments and ready to take measured risks to get great results. We also value diversity and know the power of collective intelligence. If you have a better solution, we want to hear it.
Regular employment in UK or Malta or Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta).