At DoorDash, our customers are at the center of our product strategy and we deeply believe that an amazing customer experience is the key to our success. The User Experience Research team plays a pivotal role by discovering high-impact insights that enable us to build delight products that address the needs of our three unique audiences - Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers.
The User Experience Research Team is looking for an enthusiastic, curious, and fast-learning new-grad UX Researcher. Our Research team is still at an early stage, which means you’ll contribute and work on big and meaningful problems. You’ll be also working with world-class teammates who will become your life-long mentors and friends.
- You love a fast-paced startup environment
- You are curious and willing to go above and beyond the job description
- You are a mixed methods researcher who can drive the end to end research process
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You make a great thought partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
What you’ll do
- Embed directly in one of our product teams, working on a project in close collaboration with other product managers, designers, content strategists, and engineers
- Lead end-to-end research initiatives that helps your team deeply understand DoorDash customers and uncover actionable insights
- Build a trusted partnership with your cross-functional partners to influence the product roadmap to deliver on research insights
- Synthesize and communicate insights and recommendations across the company
- Participate in team/company initiatives, design critiques, and collaboration sessions
- Enable others at DoorDash to conduct their own research and make customer-centric decisions
What we are looking for
- Currently has or in the process of obtaining a Masters or Ph.D. in social science (e.g., Communication, Sociology, Political Science, Economics, Psychology), or in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Informatics, Econometrics) with experience answering social questions
- Hands-on experience applying a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods with mastery in atleast one method
- Mixed method experience, leading with qualitative methods is a must: interviewing, focus groups, ethnography, remote as well as field studies
- Experience with survey and questionnaire design, log analysis, sampling, and statistical analyses of survey or behavioral data is preferred
- Passionate about translating findings into actionable business and product recommendations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tell deliver compelling research findings with clear recommendations
- Experience in conducting UX research, experience conducting applied and/or product related research is a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
More about DoorDash
DoorDash’s mission is to disrupt the future of delivery logistics. We operate in a unique three-sided marketplace: balancing the needs of Consumers, Dashers, and Merchants. We are proud to have become the top food delivery service in the US, and are quickly expanding our services beyond food delivery, and also tapping into multiple international markets.
Learn more about our company and our culture on the DoorDash Design blog.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.