A bit about us:
Singulier is a team of digital transformation entrepreneurs. Combining business consultancy, digital product design thinking, marketing, technology and data to rapidly solve complex business problems for CEOs, their executives and investors.
We form agile task forces of digital experts who are action oriented and outcome driven. We identify client digital strategies and prove them in execution, whilst also training and invigorating client teams to operationally sustain our work, and then take it further.
Our expert squads work internationally for leading consumer businesses, often with the support and involvement of their private equity, venture capital or founding investors.
If you have a design and entrepreneurial mindset and can apply the latest digital thinking, creativity and technologies to solve big problems and create growth, then we’d love to hear from you.
The team and role:
You’ll be working within the UX & Experimentation team to provide user and marketing research solutions for projects in business advisory, customers strategy, product design and marketing consulting projects applying qual, quant and metrics based research.
Your priority mission is to build and scale a research ops capability at Singulier to enable user centric research to be applied across our advisory and transformation projects, and when required personal conduct and manage UX Research.
What you’re great at:
- Understanding of the fundamental principles of how humans interpret and process information, respond to visual, audio and haptic stimuli, behave, communicate and learn and are able to apply them in a commercial context
- Researching how technology and humans interact together to achieve tasks and interpret these results to design better software, applications and interfaces
- Conducting research in a design and technology environment responsible for identifying user needs and problems and translating them into user stories and requirements for product, design and technology teams
- Interpreting research with ability to identify what is important and priority insights to act on
- Scoping and managing research with ability to select the right combination of quantitative, qualitative, predictive / projective techniques and methods to meet research objectives
- Creating turnkey research solutions (method, process, tools and governance) that enable teams to run their own research within your defined best practice methods, technologies and suppliers
- Strong knowledge of international research suppliers - in qualitative, quantitative research, panels, respondent recruitment, technology suppliers and ability to set-up and maintain preferred supplier relationships
- Writing research proposals including management of suppliers and their scope / costs / contracts
- Comfortable with conducting all forms of UX research including usability, heuristics evaluations, collaborative user design, projective techniques through focus group and depth interviews, prototype user testing
- Able to conduct qualitative research in both English and French with users, and are able to explain your insights and findings clearly and articulately to product, design, technology and client teams.
- Build and maintain a User Research Ops capability for Singulier providing turnkey research solutions for digital advisory and digital transformation projects in customer strategy, UX research, digital product development and brand research
- Define, build and maintain preferred supplier relationships for qual, quant and supporting technologies for research to enable your Research Ops practice to scale and deliver project needs (some qual, quant agency and freelance researcher and tech preferred relationships exist but are open for review)
- Work with each project lead to agree the research needs, methods, team / RACI and budgets for each research need, and apply the suppliers and teams as necessary to deliver the project
- Identify additional team members or new suppliers required to conduct the research, and if required manage and oversee third party suppliers/contributions required for research
- Support teams in conducting research activities to gather, test, synthesize and apply insights that enable effective strategies and solution design, and increase customer-centricity and value for investors and clients
- Drive and uphold quality standards, methods and ways-of-working for all research projects
- Where required manage and conduct user research, taking personal responsibility for setting up research tools, managing the production of research stimulus and conducting the qualitative fieldwork, interpretation and reports as required
- Explain results of your research and supplier research to client executives, and to strategy, UX design and product teams required to collaborate on findings interpretation and implementation
Skills and Qualifications:
- End-to-end knowledge for all types of consumer and user research methods (objectives, research design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Hands-on experience conducting applied user research in an commercial setting
- Structured approach to building methods and processes that can be applied to correct scenario consistently
- Ability to coach non-researchers on how to project manage research to enable teams to self administer their research
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written with an ability to communicate at all levels of an organization (technical, business, executive).
- Undergraduate or Masters degree in Computer Sciences, HCI [Human Computer Interaction], psychology, anthropology or Human Factors
- Recogniseable professional qualifications in relevant research methods e.g. Usability Testing And Evaluation (CPUX-UT) or equivalent industry bodies in France
- Native level English, native or fluent in French
- Qualitative research methods
- Quantitative research methods
- Customer voice tools
- Research tech suppliers (recruitment & scheduling, recording, task analysis, eye tracking
- 25 days holiday, excluding national holidays, up to x5 days additional holiday bonus
- Team building trips twice a year
- Bi-annual bonuses based on company and personal performance
- Private medical insurance (UK)
- Digital GP service (UK)
- Bike to work scheme (UK)
- 50% subsidised lunch / meal ticket daily (FR)
- Internal training programme
- Opportunity to travel internationally / work from our international offices