About the job
UX Researcher (US)
gohenry pioneered the youth fintech category with a mission to make every kid good with money, and we're growing rapidly in the US. Our award-winning product helps over 1.2 million parents and kids gain confidence with money, with a debit card and money management app for kids aged 6-18.
We’re looking for a growth-minded researcher to join our team and help us expand in the US.
The company is focused on delighting its community with innovative, market-leading tools to help parents raise financially healthy kids. The team is deeply committed to this ambitious mission, and as gohenry looks to the future there is an inspiring and clear vision in place with an incredible foundation to grow from.
gohenry is currently building its founding US team after recently raising $40M to expand its mission, led by U.S. growth equity firm Edison Partners with investment from Citi Ventures, Muse Capital, and Gaia Capital Partners.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growth-stage startup accelerating in a new market. gohenry is building something meaningful and delightful for families by helping kids and teens build good money habits that will last a lifetime.
gohenry is looking for a hands-on experienced UX Researcher who can lead research in the U.S. Working closely with Product, Marketing, Design, and Data you’ll conduct various types of research to inform our product and growth decisions.
The ideal candidate is a passionate researcher who has spent a number of years working on consumer digital products - ideally mobile products in a startup/growth environment. You’re comfortable working closely with cross-functional teams and are proactive about rallying the team around the customer in order to share learnings and insights that drive our product strategy and marketing decisions. Working alongside our US Product Managers and Marketing team you’ll roll up your sleeves to influence our growth strategy.
Experience working with brands or apps that serve parents, kids, and teen user groups is highly desired.
What you'll do
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of our product, customer experiences, and go-to-market plans.
- Collect insights and analyze behavior from prospects and customers using a variety of methods including qual studies, surveys, usability studies, ethnography, and interrogation of existing data.
- Work with Product Managers and Marketing leaders to prioritize research opportunities and define a research roadmap. The research roadmap should include both longer-term studies and more tactical research to support specific product or marketing initiatives.
- Build a panel of contacts made up of gohenry customers and non-gohenry customers that you can call on for insights.
- Organize and facilitate a regular cadence of user testing and research sessions with US customers.
- Provide insights and share learnings with our UK researchers and product teams
- You will be expected to explore bigger themes and questions we have. Both identifying and evaluating hypotheses, and using primary and secondary user research as required.
- Champion research findings to key stakeholders through written reports and in-person presentations. Encourage stakeholders to participate in research to remain close to our customers.
- Proactively communicate with internal stakeholders to define and meet project deliverables.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s or Masters in Anthropology, Psychology, Human-computer interaction (HCI), a related field or equivalent practical experience in research.
- 4+ years in a research role in a B2C environment.
- Experience collecting actionable insights for product, design, and marketing practices.
- Experience planning/conducting quantitative & qualitative research, including in-depth interviews, contextual inquiries, diary studies, personas, card sorting, and usability studies (live or remote using tools like Usertesting.com) to discover and validate customer needs and how we satisfy them.
- Experience in survey design and working knowledge of statistics.
- Strong experience and understanding of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product design process.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- Strong customer empathy and adept at making research participants feel at ease.
- Ability to convey your ideas via strong communication and presentation skills.
- A self-starter who is motivated to kick start and manage their own projects and welcomes challenges, seeks feedback from others, shows perseverance on long-term goals, and generally goes above and beyond in their work in a fast-paced environment.
COVID & remote working
There will be phases to setting up the US office and team.
- Phase 1: In light of COVID the business will start remote. We’ll organize periodic team meet-ups and provide team/business coaching in order to help build our culture.
- Phase 2: We anticipate setting up a workplace in New York City for the team to gather in. TBD on timing due to COVID. We’ll remain open to remote work and the founding US team will be able to shape this.
How can you resist?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health benefits
- We support flexible and remote working
- 25 PTO days, plus paid holidays (and we really want you to take them all!)
- Opportunity to contribute to a 401K
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
- Choose your own equipment
Other benefits will be discussed during the interview process.
We’re on a mission to make every kid good with money. Our goal? Create generations of independent, confident young adults, armed with money skills that will set them up for life. We place the power in the hands of young people, giving them the tools they need to master the financial ropes for themselves. They can earn, save, spend, and give with gohenry’s debit card and app – because learning through doing really works (and it’s more fun!). All while our unique built-in controls give parents total peace of mind.
We’re proud to say...
- We help over one million customers improve their money skills every single day.
- 92% of parents said their children are more money confident since using gohenry.
- We’re a high growth startup and that’s why we need you.
Want to join our mission?
If gohenry sounds like a place you’d like to be, please apply using the link below.