Nexthink is the global leader in digital employee experience management. Our products allow enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experiences. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback, Nexthink gives IT teams the insight they need to empower and even delight people at work.
Headquartered in Switzerland with US headquarters in Boston, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain and UAE. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of nearly ten million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
As UX/User Researcher, your insights have real and immediate impact on the product roadmap, thousands of users, and millions of employees. In close sync with our Europe-based research lead, you perform independent research, and share your learnings with a cross-functional audience. This role is a key role in Boston, MA or somewhere on Eastern time zone!
Your main responsibilities include:
- Independently conduct qualitative research, applying methods such as usability testing, interviews, ethnographic observations, participatory design, card sorting or your own creative approaches
- Investigate current workflows, and users’ needs, goals, pain points
- Evaluate existing and to be developed features and design ideas
- Share insights with designers, PMs, leadership, and others in the right frequency and media
- Evaluate and ensure impact of research results
- Advocate for user needs in internal discussions, design critiques, and project meetings
- Identify research opportunities and evangelize the value of user-centrism and UX research
- Liaise with Sales, Customer Success, Delivery Consultants, and Marketing, to gain access to users and align initiatives
- Contribute to the definition of a research roadmap, that supports Nexthink’s mission beyond the operational and tactical level
- Degree in a relevant field (Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction HCI, Human Machine Interaction HMI, Anthropology, Sociology, …), or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in qualitative user research for digital products, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with enterprise products / B2B
- Understanding of strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, and when and how to apply them in the product development process
- Mastery of a wide variety of user research techniques and tools
- Excellent rapport and networking skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Creativity and positive can-do attitude in the face of challenges and limitations
- Flawless English, oral and written
- Willingness to travel to customers, events, and product teams, as needed and Covid-appropriate (details to be discussed)
- Bonus points: Experience with products for technical/IT audiences
- Bonus points: Experience with quantitative research methods: Data analysis (R, Python, Matlab, SPSS, Excel …), log analytics, VOC programs, surveys, A/B testing, benchmarking, etc.
- Bonus points: Affinity for UX writing / microcopy
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful and innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness and collaboration.