UX Researcher, Workforce Experience
Cisco’s Workforce Experience Design team is on a mission to create the best work experience, leading with human-centered design, to create an engaged and productive environment for all Cisconians. We strive to enable every employee to be at their best every day, from removing the barriers to collaboration to discovering new connections and communities. We are a global leader in technology, networking, and innovation, and we believe that helping our customers and partners begins with helping ourselves!
What You'll Do
The UX Researcher leads and reviews usability testing to refine UX design artifacts. They work closely with the Product Team identifying implementation approaches that balance user experience/usability goals with technical cost. The UX Researcher can demonstrate experience related to Psychology, Cognitive Science, human factors, HCI, or HCD with an established impact.As a UX Researcher, you’ll work with a remote, cross-functional team of designers to help uncover and understand user needs across a variety of problem areas. You’ll engage with product design and engineering teams to synthesize data and communicate insights. You’ll work across the research spectrum, from moderated exploratory interviews to surveys, always thinking of creative ways to get the data you need.
- Lead the designing, planning, execution, and synthesis of formative and summative user and stakeholder research, including formal and informal usability testing, based on Human Centered Design (HCD) methodologies and best practices at a project level
- Delivers high-quality results in a self-organized environment in a multidisciplinary team reliably meeting deadlines, communicating findings with the project team and stakeholders, while synthesizing findings into design artifacts
- Quickly and effectively analyzes research data and present findings in a clear and simple manner
- Has awareness of Agile and/or Lean knowledge and experience and actively contributes to the organization’s community of practices and acting as a subject matter expert in area(s) of interest
Who You'll Work With
- Product Owners, Stakeholders, and business units specific to your workstream
- UX Designers, Strategists, UI Designers, and Content strategists within the Workforce Experience Design organization and across business units.
Who You Are
- Has a solid awareness of UX research methodologies and generates product strategies and timelines
- Minimum 6 year of professional experience conducting design research, preferably with some in-house or product team experience
- Capable communicator about user-centered processes and methodologies, and able to understand and communicate the benefits and rationale behind different approaches
- A continuous learner with a growing understanding of accessibility requirements, and experience working with “design systems”
- A portfolio demonstrating past design and research work
- Clear experience with mixed-methods including qualitative and quantitative data, user insights and trend research, usability studies, field research, in-depth interviews, heuristic evaluations, value proposition assessment, concept testing, user journey maps, etc.
- Comfort working with quantitative data
- Experience shaping product strategy with insights
- Comfort creating and leading workshops, design studios, and analysis sessions with product teams and stakeholders
- Driven to try and share new, innovative research methods
- You’re a writer and storyteller. You love sharing your work and you’re comfortable giving presentations
- Intentional, purposeful, bold, and humble
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Design, HCI, a related field, or equivalent experience
Where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.