The UX Researcher enables Advance Auto Parts devices and systems to make informed decisions based on sound mixed-method research and analytics. We are looking for an experienced and motivated UX Researcher to join our growing team and raise the bar on how we gather and apply customer insights at Advance Auto Parts. This role is responsible for developing and applying research methods to answer challenging questions and collaborating closely with a diverse set of highly skilled cross-functional partners.
While other duties may be assigned, the ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Work closely with the design and product management teams throughout the development lifecycle to define, measure and communicate UX research findings and guidelines around the various customer experience solutions evaluated, maintaining a high bar for execution.
- End-to-end ownership with all aspects of the UX research lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating).
- Examine and interpret existing research and product designs to provide guidance to the UX team and generate hypotheses.
- Define and lead the UX research strategy for a specific product area.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, at all levels, to define useful measures/metrics and evaluate user experience at scale.
- Communicate research findings in a convincing and actionable manner for audiences that include non-technical peers, the product team and potentially executives in some instances.
- Work with stakeholders and team members to generate hypotheses and develop plans for high-quality, high-impact research.
- Help product teams and leadership determine the right research questions to ask.
- Define and execute (and, as necessary, invent) research methods appropriate to the questions at hand, including but not limited to field research, surveys, lab studies, remote testing, and A-B tests.
- Provide focused, insightful, and actionable findings by quickly and thoroughly analyzing a wide range of primary and secondary data types.
- Successfully persuade key cross-functional stakeholders to take aligned action on research findings. Inspire them and help them internalize opportunities to delight customers and differentiate our service.
- Translate insights into measurable customer experience outcomes aligned to business goals.
- Work with design, product management and marketing partners to develop innovative end-to-end solutions that address top outcomes. Iteratively design and test these solutions until outcomes are achieved or hypotheses are proven wrong.
- Advance the development of insight-based knowledge management frameworks used to drive decision-making and prioritization of investments.
- Generate insights and artifacts that influence and are adopted by other teams across Advance Auto Parts.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES-Team Leadership
The regular workweek is forty hours; however, requirements of the position may warrant extended work hours. Associate must be available to work Saturdays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And/Or Experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated success contributing to the design of successful digital products and services.
- BA/BS in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Behavioral Economics, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in the application of a variety of research methods; qualitative and quantitative, attitudinal, and behavioral, generative and evaluative.
- Experience with ethnographic techniques, contextual inquiry, user insight generation, and related methodologies with demonstrated results.
- Experience designing and running original experimental research on digital products and services.
- A portfolio that demonstrates past work experience and deliverables (e.g., how your research informed decision-making, ideally in the digital products and services industry).
- Working understanding of the design process and how research is appropriately integrated at each phase.
- Understanding of human motivations, capabilities, and limitations as applied to the design of interactive systems.
- Facility for uncovering root causes of good or bad research results for a given UI design.
- Basic grasp of quantitative data analysis and inferential statistics.
- Solid written, verbal, and visual communication skills; ability to distill complex ideas into concise and accurate narratives that enlighten and inspire.
- Passion for understanding the latest learnings and innovations in behavioral science, research methods, and UX design and applying these to your work.
- Strategic, business-building approach to research with a passion for translating data into bottom-line impact.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATION
Is legally able to work in the United States.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is frequently required to sit and occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading vision for computer monitor and hard copy print
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the essential responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to moderate
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.