University Marketing and Communications (UMAC) is looking for a UX/UI Researcher to join our Digital Strategy team. The UX/UI Researcher will work with the team to develop and execute user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) research and strategy for the central digital channels of the university. Responsible for the user experience of all digital properties in the UMAC portfolio, including the core utexas.edu website, microsites and other digital platforms that support marketing and communications goals and campaigns. Serve as a resource for the university community on UX topics such as research, usability, and information architecture.Responsibilities
- Develop, execute, and maintain UX strategy for central digital properties, including the university’s core utexas.edu site as well as other sites and applications related to marketing, communications, admissions, development, administration, and the President’s Office.
- Manage digital aspects of marketing and communications goals and campaigns, including management of products and projects.
- Plan and execute user research testing and studies
- Provide direction for web developers and interactive designers, ensuring quality, consistency and brand compliance.
- Rearchitect other communications-related websites as needed.
- Serve as a liaison to colleges, schools and units on digital strategy objectives and best practices, including user research, information architecture, analytics, and SEO.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- 3-5 years of experience leading digital strategy efforts producing a wide range of UX solutions for large websites.
- Excellent product and project management and technical skills, a good sense of design and attention to detail/accuracy.
- Extensive knowledge of UX research and design best practices and digital content strategy, with demonstrated experience creating on-brand, engaging web/mobile experiences.
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, etc.
- Must be able to work both at the strategic level (generating and following through with innovative ideas) and the tactical level (organizing meetings, analyzing data, solving problems).
- Extensive experience working with Drupal and WordPress, as well as a strong command of best practices in SEO, analytics and reporting, and documentation.
- High degree of professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and comfort interacting with third-party partners and vendors.
- Eagerness to identify and address opportunities and needs without specific direction.
- Deadline driven.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Experience managing digital platforms in higher education or for other complex non-profit entities.
- Ability to work within a high-profile, fast-paced and complex organizational environment with multiple partners and stakeholders.
- Experience working with or building design systems.
- Proficient in Design Thinking methodologies and practices.
- Experience using a variety of project management approaches.
- Resume/CV (please include a link to a portfolio of your work)
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
$85,000 + depending on qualifications
- May work around standard office conditions.
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation.
- Some evenings and weekends may be required during peak periods.
- This position is eligible for flexible work arrangements and may work remotely from anywhere in Texas.